unsandbox a folder/a bunch of files

hi

hi there

By accident my torrent client ran in sandbox mode for a while. All files downloaded therefore probably got sandboxed too. Result: can’t see the files inside this folder when browsing through explorer. All files only appear when I run the client also in sandboxed mode and open the files from bittorrent itself (how do I open a folder in sandbox mode?). Anyway, I want to unsandbox the folder and all files inside. I looked for a solution online, but all I could find was to add this download folder to shared spaces. I did that, rebooted, and still the same issue… . Can’t believe this is not mentioned in the manual… .

cheers

r

I posted this in the other topic but I’ll post it here too:

In order to get to the files that are already in the sandbox you must either
a) Enable showing hidden files in Windows, you can do so by following the guide here. Then you need to go to "C:\VTRoot" and then from there you can search for the folder containing the files you are looking for.
or
b) Press WinKey+R (run) and type in “C:\VTRoot” without the “” and then from there you can search for the folder containing the files you are looking for.

If you sandbox an application and it tries to save files in a location that is not excluded, lets say "C:\Test" then those will be saved somewhere in the "C:\VTRoot" direction, technically this is a different folder and unsandboxed applications (like explorer.exe which you use to view files in Windows) won’t be able to see the files you saved to "C:\Test" because they are actually located in the "C:\VTRoot" direction, but the application doesn’t know that. The sandboxed application doesn’t know that the files are in "C:\VTRoot" either, it believes the files are in "C:\Test" because it can see them there, but that is the sandbox making the sandboxed program believe the files located in the "C:\VTRoot" are located in "C:\Test"

I hope you could understand the above.