A. THE BUG/ISSUE:
- What you did: Added some malicious files to the unrecognized files list then did a lookup of all the files. Comodo finds many of them as malicious but when i click close it doesnt ask to delete them like previous versions.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: When i clicked close cis did not ask if i wanted to delete the malicious files.
- What you expected to happen or see: I expected cis to tell me there were malicious files and ask if i want to clean them
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Tried a reintall and i tried clicking the x to close the window thinking maybe it would act different
- If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: N/A
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): N/A
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Add a malicious file detected by cis to unrecognized files, then do a lookup, cis will detect the malware but not ask to clean the file.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): The file lookup GUI was changed during the beta phase so it seems like the clean functionality wasnt added correctly.
B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).:
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): Attached
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues:: Attached
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: Attached
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs: N/A
- A CIS config report or file: Zipped and attached
- Crash or freeze dump file: N/A
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version: Attached
C. YOUR SETUP:
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration: About screenshot attached
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No clean install
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: Defense + disabled; Sandbox partially limited; firewall safe mode;
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win 7 ultimate x32; admin; sp1; UAC off
- Other security and utility software currently installed: MBAM pro but i experienced the bug when mbam was not installed
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: mbam pro but experienced the bug before i installed it.
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]: None
[attachment deleted by admin]