Unreal IRC [Resolved]

Im intrested in running an Unreal IRC Network from my PC… Ive check internet and that seems ok to run 1 but will comodo stop it or any thing… if any one knows?

For you, willas00, CFP will most definitely block Unreal IRC, and it won’t let go of it! You should realize by now that it’s out to get you! ;D Just kidding…

I don’t know specifically about Unreal IRC, but I’m sure it can be accomplished. I just had to give you a hard time.

BTW, how’d the DCHP lease renewal go for you? Still working okay?

LM

ok well i need to allow port 6667 once i set this rule will i need to restart Comodo?

Also IP seems fine renewing no problems what so ever!

Without knowing anything about Unreal IRC’s application, my thought would be to install it according to their instructions. Then run it. See what popups CFP gives you, and allow them. If it doesn’t connect, we can start diagnosing. Who knows, it may just work right off the bat…

I’m glad the IP seems to be renewing fine now!

LM

Yes ive installed it… Been asked to allow it to internet 2 times done that… but for people to connect to the server ports 6667 need to be allowed with an IP range. At the moment im allowing any IP rang in. I added port 6667 last night but no 1 could connect. I was there fore thinking will comodo need to be reset to enable the changes.

Hmm, yes. With changes to the Network Monitor, you will typically find that a reboot is in order, for that reason.

LM

reboot as in PC or Firewall ???

“Reboot” as in PC.

I would not personally say “reboot” as in firewall. That would be more like “stop/restart” or something along those lines. :wink:

LM

Rules 6 On the firewall is Block IP In/Out

What can i do with this rule as i need port 6667 to come in my rule 7 is to allow 6667 in

Attached are some IRC logs

and a screen shot of Rules

[attachment deleted by admin]

Based on the logs, if you want/need to allow that Port 6667, you’ll need to Add a rule to the NetMon, above the bottom Block All rule. It will look like:

Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Source IP: Any
Destination IP: Any (or your IP address)
Source Port: Range of Ports: 2872-2873
Destination Port: 6667

OK. Reboot Computer.

LM

PS: As to Network Monitor, will you open that to full-screen and click on the relevant rule, then capture the screenshot? TNX.

Network Rules

[attachment deleted by admin]

that wont work because sorce port needs to be any but its all ready a rule then

I chose the Source port range based on the log entries; you could certainly leave it at Any. But here’s the deal with your existing rule…

You have the rule as:

Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Source IP: Any
Destination IP: Any
Source Port: 6667
Destination IP: Any

Those two items in red are in reverse order of what they need to be. The Logs show that for the Inbound connection being blocked, it was going to Destination Port 6667. You don’t want to Allow In on Any port; since it’s an Inbound rule, you want to control the connection by setting the port (which you need to do for the IRC anyway…

LM

wooooooooohooooooooooo works thanks your a star :BNC

Great! I’ll go ahead and mark this one Resolved, then. If it stops working, or if you encounter another issue related to Unreal IRC and want it addressed here, just PM myself or another Mod, and request the thread be reopened.

LM