Unneeded popup while exporting config [M233] [v6]

On exporting active config a popup shows up asking if we want to save changes to current config before exporting, even if we just opened adv. settings and no changes were made. When we answer “no” exporting is not possible - why? I’ve answered “no” to merge changes (or rather no changes as we made none), not to export my config. So what’s the point of this popup?

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic title, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: yes, 100%
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened: 1. Open adv. settings. 2. Export active config.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen: no such popup?
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Killswitch processes list, dump (if freeze/crash). If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program (not m’ware)
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- CIS version & configuration: 6.0.260739.2674, own config

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: all
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): sure
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: no
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: yes
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: no
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & VM used: XP Pro, SP3, 32b, admin
  • Other security/sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: none
    [/ol]

Files attached inc diagnostics, config, processes - PM for pwd.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your bug report in standard format. We very much appreciate the effort you have made to document this bug.

We are sorry to trouble you further but there are some items of information missing or unclear in your post:

A.8 Always attach - Diagnostics file, Killswitch processes list

The reasons we need these items of information, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

We would be very grateful if you would add these items of information so we can forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get fixed. You can find assistance using red links in the Format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a week we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report which includes all necessary information or not. We may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Well done I’d noticed this but forgot to report it.

Best wishes

Mouse

I know this is a template response, but I’m not sure what else to add, so here is the screen of above-mentioned dialog: http://i47.tinypic.com/2zo9amp.jpg

Thanks very much for your help.

If you go to the help ‘?’ in the top right hand corner you can navigate to support and diagnostics. You can generate a diagnostics file and append it.

If you go to advanced tasks watch activity, you will bring up Killswitch (which may install itself first). This is a full process manager, just take a screenshot or export a process file.

In general if you click on the red links on the format you will get an explanation. :slight_smile:

Best wishes

Mouse

I’m sorry, but I don’t get it. I’m reporting most likely bug in GUI and dialog logic and you ask for proccess list…

CIS diag shows no problems. Killswitch is a fine tool, however it causes flickering on other applications. Proclist attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

PM sent

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

Yes, it still asks for saving config (active one) even when no changes were made.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Yes, it still asks to save config (active) even when no changes were made. It’s a bit twisted logic as if we refuse we won’t be able to export config…

Thank you for checking this.

I’ve updated the tracker.

The message box while exporting a config has been changed. It is still displayed even when we didn’t made any changes, but it changed to yes/no/cancel and choosing “no” now allows to export settings without merging current changes (if any).

It could be implemented with “changed” flag, however I think the way it is working now also leads to fixed status.

Thanks for checking this. I’ll move this report to Resolved.