Unknown files remaining unknown and growing in numbers

Umm anyone else having the same issue? none of which was unknown gets to be verified as safe or otherwise and my list is growing in numbers.

I’m just afraid it would be like threatcast which never worked after the initial success.

When I was using CIS5, I pretty much would check untrusted files daily and clean them out, before the accumulated. It would be cool if they automatically got submitted and checked in the cloud, and then removed after the safe verdict came back.

I think what’s going on is that they’re still being inundated with unknown files. Hopefully they get some sort of system up and running that can quickly go through these and decide whether they’re safe or not.

If you want you can submit the files, or the programs they belong to, you can do it here here. Still, I hope they get a quicker system set up.

Already submitted a file the rest have been submitted by other users.

@Clocks already doing that

Probably too many unknown files need to be verified manually. I hope they can find some solutions to resolve the current situation before it is getting out of control. (Lost count of Heur.Suspicious and Unclassifed.Malware every day) Better recruit more employees to verify and classify the massive amount of safe/bad/unknown files uploaded each day and handle the AV division efficiently and sometime somewhere threatcast might be able to resurface again.

Well on 14th sep., the release date of CIS 5 final I installed it. I had total 19 files in unrecognized & the devs mentined that when declared safe files will be automatically shifted to trusted lists.

Today after 7-8 days I have 4 files left in the unrecognized. All others are automatically shifted to trusted lists when declared safe.

In D+ events I can see Scanned Online & Found Safe for all the files in the trusted lists.

Thanxx
Naren

I haven’t had any problems with FP’s. Please report them here.

Unclassified.Malware is not unknown or a FP it is confirmed malware.

What do you mean? Any detection can be a false positive.

Probably too many unknown files need to be verified manually. I hope they can find some solutions to resolve the current situation before it is getting out of control.

I would think that another good way to approach this whitelisting is for vendors of software to get together and for program files like exe,dll, etc have an online registry where only the registered vendor can update and list file hashes for all releases. This way it provides a quick and simple way to verify the legitimacy of a file. Am I missing something here is this solution that seems to add another way to whitelist then having to analyze every file manually by Comodo techs.

Yes of course,I should have explained it properly.
What I mean is that the category Unclassified.Malware isn’t just some generic term for possibly suspicious files that have been flagged up by some form of heuristics/BB.It is verified malware that just hasn’t been specifically named.

Of course FPs on similar,legitimate files can arise,as with any other class of malware but Unclassified.Malware itself is malware.