Uninstalling Comodo Firewall

I recently had a serious computer crash and the only resolution to try and keep programs and files was to reinstall Windows XP Professional over top of the old installation. Now when the computer boots, Comodo Firewall does not load. You can manually start the firewalll and everything works fine, it just doesn’t load at start up. Any ideas on how to get it to open on start up? I tried to uninstall then reinstall the firewall and I get the error “Unable to access network location” and the uninstall utility shuts down. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, trying to recover by using an ‘over-the-top’ installation, can cause more problems than it’s worth. I’d seriously suggest, if it’s at all possible, to start fresh.

Failing that, you can try a couple of things. There is a Clean-up tool for Comodo Internet Security which may help in removing CIS.

For the automatic start-up, CIS sets an entry in the registry. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

In the right window check for an entry for:

COMODO Internet Security

With a REG_SZ value:

“C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe” -h

The registry key was missing. Thanks for the assist, you made me a happy camper. Now if I can just figure out how to make a 1TB WD SATA drive work with a raid controller so I can copy my files and do a clean windows xp install, I’d be a happy camper! ;D

Thanks again!

Kevin

tried the batch file. still can’t install CIS Firewall, Win7 x64. will have to try other help to get rid of CIS remnants, if that’s what the problem is …

Michael

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.