Uninstaller should be able to run in Safe Mode [M1176]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently, users cannot uninstall CIS in Safe Mode.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
Users should be able to run the uninstaller under Safe Mode.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Users will not have to try any experimental removal tools or 3rd party software in order to remove leftovers.
Troubleshooting issues of any kind will be an easier task for the novice user.
Uninstaller will be effective by default.

4. Any other information:
Implementing this wish will not pose any additional risks.
Removal tools (offered by Comodo) should not be displaced. These are useful in case of data corruption, broken uninstaller, …

Are there currently other security software which are able to uninstall in Safe Mode? I’m just asking because I’ve never thought to check.

Thanks.

I did not test any. They all seem to have professional removal tools.

Later edit,
I’ve tested avast! Free Antivirus-- installation & uninstallation can be done in Safe Mode with Networking.

Thanks. I’ve now added a poll. Does everything look correct?

It’s fine.

Thanks again.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I cannot see any downsides to this wish, so I have voted yes. :-TU

Voted yes. “Must have” in my opinion :-TU

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.