Uninstall Problem

I have just uninstalled Comodo Personal Firewall and restarted my computer but it still shows as Comodo protecting my computer in Microsoft Security Centre. (ie I get a message about running 2 Firewalls (Comodo & Windows XP’s)

How do I correct this??

This problem will be fixed in the next program update - released sometime after 20th April and before the end of the month. Until then there appears to be no work around.

If you want to uninstall it will probably be best to wait until the next update.

May I ask why you are uninstalling?

Mike

Hi,

We have verified this issue. The uninstaller required a simple fix. In a couple of days, we will have an update for CPF. You can update CPF and then try to uninstall it to solve the problem.

Thanks for the feedback

I am experiencing the exact same problem except I have gone ahead and removed the files from my C: drive under program files. I thought by doing that it would allow me to go back in the control panel and uninstall then, but it didn’t work. With that said, what card must I play next?

Riarchos, can you not restore those files back from the recycle bin?

So right now my only option is to redownload CPF and pray that updates have been added to the software. Is it possible this could correct this problem some of us are having?

Out of date topic.

Ewen :slight_smile: