Uninstall help

Hiya,
I’ve just dld the beta version of CFP3 and am now thinking about how to best uninstall CFP2.4. If I do it in safe mode, will it be a clean enough uninstall (registrywise) to safely install the new beta? Are there any registry left-overs known that should be manually removed. I’m quite sure Comodo will uninstall neatly but just want to verify.
Any experiences, ideas, suggestions are very welcome.
Cheers,
grampa.

grampa,

Here’s a post from umesh w/Comodo…

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_antiviruspyware_cavs/manual_steps_to_uninstall_comodo_antivirus-t887.0.html;msg80004#msg80004

This is what I normally check to make sure it’s removed; don’t normally have a problem, though.

https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/backing_up_the_defined_cpf_rules_manually-t1019.0.html;msg6358#msg6358

Hope that helps,

LM

Hey Little Mac,
thanks for the prompt answer. Thant sure helped a lot. Can’t (un)install now but will certainly do it later today.
Cheers,
grampa.

You bet. Just FYI, I uninstalled 2.4 and installed 3.0b in Safe Mode and didn’t have any issues.

Looks like the HKLM/System/Software/Comodo/Firewall regkey for 2.4 was replaced with the new. Which, by the way, I exported prior to uninstalling 2.4, so I can revert w/rules if need be. I’m sure you plan on doing that or using the backup script.

BTW, v3b has a user-profiled safelist done on install. This can later be exported from the miscellaneous tab. You can also now export your configuration as well…

LM

Hiya,
just installed CFP3 and what can I say. Uninstall of 2.4 was a piece of pie. Installation of v3 was as well… and WOW, what an advanced firewall. First impression: impressive. Easily the best firewall I’ve ever seen. Most advanced and configurable. I’m at a loss for words. I’ll start a “Praise Comdo” asap. At a first glance v3 is quite daunting coz it’s so darn configurable. I’ve just got round to understanding 2.4 and now that. BLISS. I’m 110% positive that even the beta is better than any firewall final available (paid for or free).
Great work Comodo.
Be assured that any bugs will be reported.
(M) You made my day.
Cheers,
grampa.

P.S. Plz excuse my appearing like a maniac but this firewall (first impression) is just too much for my unexperienced little mind. ;D