Unformatted / Encrypted Hard Disk drive never turns off after x minutes without access
- What you did: Using Comodo Firewall
- What actually happened or you actually saw: I have a 500 GB USB Hard Drive connected to my PC, it’s encrypted with TrueCrypt. Approximately every 5 seconds the LED of the drive is blinking once and the drive never goes into power saving state.
- What you expected to happen or see: After x minutes without access, the drive turns off
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Uncheck ‘Disks’ under D+ ‘Monitoring Settings’ > ‘Objects To Monitor Against Direct Access:’ (No success)
D+ ‘General Settings’ check ‘Deactivate Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart)’ > restart (No success)
Disabled ‘COMODO Internet Security Helper Service’ and ‘COMODO Internet Security’ via msconfig > restart (Success)
Mounted the Drive with TrueCrypt (Success)
- Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link: TrueCrypt 7.0a TrueCrypt
- Any other information you think may help us:
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: here.
- Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: here.
- A CIS config report or file. here.
- Crash or freeze dump file: N/A
- CIS version & configuration used: Comodo Firewall 5.0
- Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: -
- Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: D+ disabled, FW Custom Policy
- OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, UAC active, Administrator
- Other security and utility software running: NOD32 Anitvirus 22.214.171.124
- CIS AV database version: Not installed