unexpected error, comodo must shut down...

recently found themidia in 37 places on my HD

There were some hackers in Combat arms advertiseing hax sites. So i reported them and continued to put forth some effort to stop them from advertiseing… mostly spamming dont go there it’s a scam it has viruses etc…which was true in the end… But they eventually found a hole in windows firewall. And shut down my pc 3 times…

I d/led and installed comodo having good results with it in the past… I let it run over night after the hackers had been banned… And woke up to “unexpected error” and comodo closed after i clicked ok. I restsrted and have not had the error since…

I’m hopeing it wasnt a succesful attempt to work around comodo as they did W firewall…

well over 300 attempts have been stopped through igmp and icmp…ports. as well as udp ports…
???

I wonder if it was a DDOS attack. I have heard that someone doing that can make your computer crash and firewalls have errors which you would have to restart.

My advice is to just leave those types of people alone. They obviously have nothing better to do if they have to cause problems on a game and also cheat. They are internets bottom of the barrel users.

I still have no choice, if i want to continue playing a hacker free game ( as much as we can make it so) we have to vigilantly work against them…

i’m not sure if this was a DDOS… but none of those kinds of attacks have forced the computer to shutdown on its own… withut a BSOD…and they tend to continue untill u renew or change your ip…

what would like most in this thread is possibe type of attacks that would cause this… Is it possible ( i know it is) that they connected remotely. Through a vulnerability in W firewall…

Or did they simply use a script or virus to make it work… which is less of a threat. But still not good…

what is thimedia? if i can i’ll post the anti-v log… to be more correct in the spelling of it…

How could it be used, Where in a network would it stay live… I havent detected it since the install of comodo and the removeal of the virus. yea!

But just in case i need to know what to safeguard. incase a more intense attack comes along…

I’m seeing similar types of attacks on console games like COD4 for the ps3 console but nothing detected quite yet, when i get a hook up for the HD i’ll scan it…

but yea, a DDOS with some form of packet injection was being used. several memory overflow errors. stealthiing ports and paying attention to errors in the software giveing clues of this… like textue load errors or excessive lag. You can shutdown the connection and avoid problems. Also track certain ips but spoofing can work around this as well.

defraging the ram using some simple software seems to put a nail in the side of that tire too… So somehow they are installing script or something on the HD and IN RAM… =C

I Don’t leave these people alone, because they don’t leave us alone. The hax that they use often contain viruses and are therefore a threat to the security of that gaming network, And other networks. And some effort to hinder them is needed. If I find tools like comodo to help in protecting against these threats. Then i can tell others and that will help fight back the many idiots in these games and on the internet…

First run the Stealth Ports Wizard (Firewall → Common Tasks) and choose “Block all incoming connections stealth my ports to everyone else” → Finish. That will stealth your computer.

When you think your system is compromised let a bundle of scanner take a look it. You could start with What to do if you’re infected - eXPerience Rev.3. Then you could let rootkit scanner Gmer scan and see if it reports rootkit activity. Get Gmer from here: http://www.gmer.net/ .

Also let us know what kind of connection you are on/ Can you show a screenshot of the firewall logs? Do you have ports open for incoming traffic on router or firewall?

Just one other thing which may help. Go to Defence+/Advanced/Defence+ settings and check the box “Block all unknown requests if the application is closed”

Also it wont hurt to change to Proactive Security.

CIS > Miscellaneous > Manage My Configurations > Select “Proative Security” > Activate > Close.

After that Make sure to redo What EricJH and Matty_R have said, as the rules will have changed.

what exactly will be diffrent about proactive security…many of the settings i already have in place seem similar to these prefab settings…if not better…

router has auto port forwarding…comcast firewall in place… cable…1.5mb d/l .5kb up… it’s soppose to be 6 mb down constant and 2 up… i’ve been working with comcast to correct this…but it seems they don’t want people to have fast internet even if they paid for it… logs are probably not here anymore but i’ll dig around… i rarely delete such things…

at the time i did have stealth ports enabled and functioning…

thank you for the tips… it sure helps with the stuff i don’t know how to prevent yet, or just can’t prevent in real-time… it sure helps to have software there as back up… that can do things quicker then a click of the mouse or scans…