Unclassified Malware@8330972

I get Unclassified Malware@8330972 from Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder. You can get it from KeyFinder | Magical Jelly Bean
It finds the keyfinder.exe as Malware, it’s a program to find a serial numbers stored on your PC.

Sounds like it was classified correctly then…

I don’t think so. It is a very useful program.

Useful, no doubt. Potentially dangerous, absolutely!

I use an incredibly useful piece of software called AutoIt. If you install the SciTE editor customized for AutoIt, it comes with a macro recorder to easily create program automation scripts. Of course, to record a macro, it needs to log keystrokes. Yep, it’s technically a keylogger. Completely benign, but Comodo feels it’s potentially dangerous since it is a keylogger. I personally don’t see the issue, as I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be scamming myself for passwords, and I definitely want CIS to tell me if another program tries to access the .dll in question, but I can see their point of view.

I’m just going to assume that they will take the same stance with a benign serial number scanning program.

I get their point of view I guess, but I thought maybe it’s a false positive.

We have identified this false-positive and will be fixed in next CAV update.
Thank you for reporting.

Hi Darkness123,

This has been fixed. Please check it with latest base update

Thanks,
Ramanan

Thank you, I just tested it with the latest database and it wasn’t detected as a virus.