Unchecking autoruns: Access is denied

Well I’m trying out CCE’s Autoruns for the first time, and I have to say it really stands up to the competition from CCleaner and Sysinternals!

One thing I don’t understand is why I am getting I can’t uncheck some things, like “Narrator”, the Microsoft Screen Reader, without getting an Access is denied message… I am running Windows 8, and yes, I am running the program as an administrator.

Thanks!

What version of Autoruns are you running? The one downloaded with CIS v6 or the one from the forums? What is the version number? Do you have UAC enabled or disabled?

Version: 2.5.242177.201
Downloaded CCE from comodo.com
UAC: Enabled
Realtime: WSA, Privatefirewall, EXE Radar Pro (I disabled EXE Radar and ran autoruns as admin.)

I would be happy to poke around my system if more information might be relevant.

Autoruns.exe
File Size: 8,068,528
Created: 7/9/2012 2:46:12 AM
MD5: 2ccc6513279e970bea4ff98123605b32

On a side note, EXE Radar Pro frequently alerts me of unsigned Microsoft files trying to run, such as RunDll32.exe (sometimes I need to accept this, other times I need to deny or webpages hang), cmd, regsvr, etc. etc

Could Exe Radar Pro interfere here? Try temporarily disabling it and see if that interferes.