Unblocking applications

I’m fairly new to the whole program of Comodo.
When installing it I put a block on for msn, yahoo all the chat messengers. However as the young girl staying with us has now left I want to take the block off but I don’t know how.
Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum, angelsdreamer (:AGL)

Go to Security > Application Monitor, select the blocking rule(s), and delete them by clicking the Remove button at the top right. You might have to restart the application(s) or reboot the pc for them to access the internet again.

I know I sound like a complete newbie but where are the blocking rules?

Well, that would depend on what programs you blocked. e.g. in your case you blocked msn messenger previously, so you would select it and remove it. See my attached pic for an example of my 4 blocked rules on these applications that I don’t want internet access.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have followed the steps accordingly but now I’ve found it won’t allow any other chat messengers to open either.

Can you also post a screenshot of your Network Monitor rules? Perhaps something was changed from the defaults. It would further help if you can upload your CFP logs to see if there’s something blocked.

Re: Important - Please read before posting

And I assume you already restarted messenger & tried rebooting the computer to no avail?

• The version of Comodo Firewall Pro Installed - 2.4.18.184 (3)
  • Your Internet connection type (dial-up/cable/Direct connection/LAN etc)Wireless 54.0Mbps
  • Operating system and Service Pack Level Windows XP
  • How you are logging in to the OS (Admin, User) Admin
  • Other Security applications installed (AV, AS, HIPS etc) ABG
  • Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFPNone
  • Security related application which have been removed/disabled after installing CFP.None
  • Detail the problem, such as which applications are running when you have the problem.
    Chat programs won’t allow signing in. Programs that are usually up are Firefox
  • Please inform us if you have created any custom rules. There are custom rules but a friend done them for me so I’m unaware as to what they are
    Logs
    Rules

Thanks for following the exact template of the other thread (in spite of some extra info :D).

Most important: your Network Monitor rules are dangerous right now because you don’t have a block everything rule at the bottom! This is the most important rule because there’s an order: from top to bottom with the lowest priority. All you have to do is change that last rule from allow to Block.

Secondly: I see svchost.exe being blocked according to your log. svchost.exe is a legit and important Windows process that controls lots of needed services such as Windows Updates. You must’ve clicked Denied on an alert recently. Are there any blocked rules in Application Monitor?

Applications Monitor
Thank you ever so much for helping me by the way.

Hmm…Your app mon rules show nothing blocked, yet your log shows dwwin.exe (Dr. Watson) and svchost.exe blocked. Can you close and restart your chat programs to see if they work? And this time if you encounter any alerts see if you can post screenshots on them.

Here’s a thread I usually refer users about some of the various alerts and what they mean:
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6908.0.html

I actually was expecting CFP not Messenger alerts ;D. But I googled on this and found out that it may not necessarily be a firewall problem. The easiest method to prove this is to disable CFP by right-clicking on the system tray icon to Adjust the Security Level to Allow All. Be aware that this should be done very quickly as you’re exposed to the internet during this time. If you still can’t get in with Messenger then immediately reset the level to Custom. I personally think it is CFP, but we’ll see…

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072ee2.html
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070619034301AArHrny
http://www.msusenet.com/archive/topic.php/t-1871075123.html