Unblock a blocked application from respective blocked component doesn’t work property.
1. The full product and its version:
10.0.2.6346 - BETA
2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
WinXP SP3 on VirtualBox.
3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
Proactive Security; HIPS - Safe Mode, block w/o alerts; Firewall - Custom Mode, block w/o alerts; Antivirus - Cumulative, move to Quarantine w/o alerts; Auto-Sandbox - OFF; Viruscope - OFF; Website filtering - OFF.
4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
Uninstalled 10.0.1.6294, installed Beta then import previous configuration.
5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step:
1: run any unrecognized app
2: unblock it
3: try to run it again
7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
App still is blocked.
8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
App blocked by HIPS must be added as Trusted to Rating Files List not to HIPS rules.
9. Any other information:
After running unrecognized app, blocked list shows both apps, i.e. parent app too. It’s a bug.
After unblocking app, blocked by HIPS, only creating a rule in HIPS rules, similar to “Allowed”. It’s a bug.
Created rule doesn’t solve nothing, because app rating is not changed. On described configuration no needs of any rule, add app to Trusted list only.
After unblocking parent app, blocked by HIPS, also creating a rule in HIPS rules, similar to “Allowed”. It’s a big bug.
Parent app, in described configuration, already has rating “Trusted”, it doesn’t need any rule. Moreover, the parent app should not appear in the list of blocked files.