unable to update

Hi Ruu,
There is no bxxxxxx.cav file in V5.10, there should be a copy of bases.cav in the following locations.
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners folder.
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\repair folder.
If you go to More, About what is your Database version?

If you are continuing to experience Database update issues, in Windows Safe Mode copy the bases.cav file from the repair folder to the scanners folder replacing the existing file.
Reboot normal then try to manually update the Database.

I had the same problem. in my case i solve problem this way:

1. run services.msc
  2. turn on winmgmt service.

and when i disable that service I get error again (becase in this case Comodo can’t enable winmgmt service).

so try turn on that service and may be some others.

This is all the help i got from comodo with the issue of the server threw an exception: not what you want when you have tried everything you can, and followed there forums to, So much more there “GeekBuddy”…
i have been without a firewall and antivirus for 5 days now so i will look elsewhere for something that will install properly,
This is for those who may have the same problemas i did, to same time and your money, thats all they want, happy reading…

(10:55:53 AM) Manny: This issue may occur if there is an issue with the Windows management services.
(10:55:56 AM) Manny: You should call us while I continue to investigate. Dialing our GeekBuddy number 1-888-428-7638 will help us explain the issue better. Let me know if you like this option.
(10:56:56 AM) client: i’m in the uk so not calling that number?
(10:57:30 AM) Manny: It is a toll free number only for US.
(10:58:03 AM) client: like i said i’m in england not america
(10:58:16 AM) client: can you help or not
(10:58:27 AM) Manny: That is fine, we can stay with chat only. Let me know if you change your mind.
(10:58:30 AM) Manny: I will continue to investigate the issue and probably ask you a few questions to clarify.
(10:58:44 AM) Manny: I will check the settings of the services.
(10:58:57 AM) Manny: One way to help fix the problem is by you taking advantage of our Geeks for less than 14 cents a day for 24/7/365 unlimited access. There is no risk with our 30-Day Money Back Guarantee Policy.
(10:59:04 AM) Manny: Shopping Cart -> Bluesnap

(10:59:57 AM) client: so this is no help, this is a scam for money i thought comodo where good till now
(11:00:49 AM) Manny: If you subscribe, I will be able to help you with everything: Virus removal, software installation, identity security or PC troubleshooting. Would you like my help to subscribe at this time?
(11:01:01 AM) Manny: I really apologize for any inconvenience.
(11:01:10 AM) Manny: We have 30 days money back guarantee.
(11:01:50 AM) Manny: If you do not want to continue using the product, you can get the refund within 30 days from the date of purchase.
If this upsets people then it is true what they say the truth does hurt…