Unable to uninstall or upgrade

Hi Folks, I would really appreciate some advice here.
I am running Win7 64 bit.
The CIS version 4.0.4167.742 seems to have been corrupted and it will not run at all, if I try to manually start the program it just comes up with a bug report and if I try to send it, it just freezes up.
I tried uninstalling, luckily I created a restore point as it seemed to block all my network cards so no internet access. :-TD
I have tried to install version 5.0.32580.1142 over it but same result and no internet connection.
Any advice would be great.

If you need the crash dump, please let me know and I can upload it.

Thanks in advance.

Try the following.

First try running the uninstaller. Then reboot in Safe Mode and run this clean up tool and reboot back to the normal mode.

Check if the filter driver is still installed. How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present after following this or using the clean up tool? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

Thanks EricJH,

Ok, so what I have done is as you said, uninstalled, reboot to safe mode and run the batch file as you asked, restart in normal mode, this had the effect of me being able to get to the properties of the NIC but there being no protocols installed at all and so no connection, unable to add any protocols either.
I ran the install for 5.0.163652.1142 and this failed with the same error as before, being unable to connect to the internet at all (I forgot to mention that at the moment I cannot even see the network adaptors in the network connection area). I have restored to the point that I created before I started all the above and it seems that Comodo is working and I have internet connectivity, the only problem I have now is that I cannot get to any of my network cards to check and or change any settings! I have attached a screenshot.
Please let me know if you have any further ideas and thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Did you shortly before CIS v4 got corrupted install a new program that have caused the problem in the first place? Also try disabling all other security programs you have running in the background. AVG is having compatibility issues with CIS these days.

The part that stumps me is that you don’t see your NIC’s anymore in Network Connections. Do they show up in Device Manager? Can you check the properties there?

Nope, haven’t installed any new progs, and I have no other security programs, the Windows firewall is disabled. I have run a full scan and have found a couple of infections, nothing that should cause this though.

The NICs are found in the device manager and I can get to the config from command line, but nothing through the Network config page. I may try uninstalling CIS again and take it from there, see what comes up.
I have a couple of crash reports, would they throw any light on the issue??

Thanks so much for taking the time to help.

Since you apparently were infected please let other scanners check as well. No scanner finds everything. Scan with:
Malwarebytes Antimalware
Super antispyware
Emsisoft antimalware
Gmer anti rootkit scanner

This is to be more certain malware is not the root cause of your problems. When the problem persists and we can’t fix it, having crash logs from v5 may come in handy for a bug report.

May be left overs of previously uninstalled security programs are acting up. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

Hi EricJH, sorry it’s taken a while to get back to you. Tried running all the scans etc but really got nowhere, so have rebuilt the machine and am back up and running again.

Thanks so much for all your help and advice and the time you guys take to help others out.

All the best! :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU

Thanks for reporting back. Sometimes a reinstall of Windows does the trick. But that’s a last resort of course…