Unable to play Steam online games

I tried applying a “temporary rule” using the “Network Security Policy” to no prevail, since the “Network Monitor” security panel no longer exists.

https://forums.comodo.com/frequently-asked-questions-faq-for-comodo-firewall/emule-and-bittorent-tuttorials-t411.0.html

All tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Can you explain in more detail what your situation is and how you tried to make it work?

It sounds like you may be a recent convert from Comodo firewall v2.4 when you mention Network Monitor.

I am attempting to play online games such as Counter-strike whilst the Comodo firewall is on. The problem I am experiencing is that whenever I enter an online match my game freezes, leaving me with no option but to restart my computer.

I tried using the settings recommended in the thread that I provided in my original post with no success.

The freezing happens because there is a D+ screen which you cannot see because you are in full screen mode.

When you know your system is free of malware follow A note to gamers.

Another way of dealing with it making all executable and bat files in the installation folder of these games My Own Trusted Files (Defense + → Common Tasks). When D+ is in Safe Mode it will then make the rules automatically.

What ports do need to be open for incoming traffic for these games? When you know what ports you can follow the little tutorial after this.

To open the port TCP 1723 for example

First step is to determine the MAC or Physical address of you network connector. Go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → a black box will show up and enter the following → ipconfig /all (notice the space before /all) → enter → now look up the Physical address and write it down.

Notice that Physical address = MAC address

Firewall → Advanced → Network Security policy → Global Rules → Add → fill in the following:
Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Description: Incoming Port

Source address: Any
Destination Address: Choose MAC address and fill in the found MAC/Physical address
Source Port: Any
Destination Port: 1723

Then push Apply → Now make sure that the new rule is somewhere above the basic block rule(s) as the bottom (the block rules have red icons); you can drag and drop the rules → Ok.

DONT open ports for incoming traffic.

the easiest way for starting steam GAMES is to set comodo defense+ in trainingsmodus until you reached the menu of the steam game. return fast to desktop and switch back to secure mode (paranoid or safe).
trainingsmode allows everything running. if you have a virus waiting for action, defense+ will allow it and learn it!
its just the easiest way. if you are not sure, if you have a virus on your pc, i could tell you a defense+ rules setting for steam games, that will work without trainingsmode using.

the internet rule for steam GAMES is in the easiest form: hl2.exe allow TCP OUTgoing and UDP OUTgoing.
no need for incoming !

the biggest problem with steam games is, that they want to have access to steam(.exe) while loading. and thats why the pc freezes, the question comes too late.

i have never needed an ingoing allow rule. i dont know why its suggested here for normal online games. (unrequested) ingoing traffic is ONLY needed if you have a server or something like that. but you just want to join other servers.
when people dont know, how to set normal rules in a firewall, i think they will not understand cmd things with mac adresses. its meant good, i am sure, but it confuses more than it helps.