Unable to open or save pdf files

I am unable to view or save pdf files. I am using Comodo IceDragon and I have tried the default pdf viewer and the Nitro plugin and the Nitro program (which I use instead of Acrobat). I am also using Comodo’s DNS servers for all internet activity. However, something seems to be blocking pdf files and all I get when clicking on a document is a blank tab. Any help out there?

I am unable to view or save pdf files. I am using Comodo IceDragon and I have tried the default pdf viewer and the Nitro plugin and the Nitro program (which I use instead of Adobe Reader). I am also using Comodo’s DNS servers for all internet activity. However, something seems to be blocking pdf files and all I get when clicking on a document is a blank tab. I noticed that going to IE to see pdf files, I’m now getting the same blocked response. Is this because I am using Comodo’s DNS servers and it’s now blocking all my browsers? Any help out there?

The only thing I can think of is using Firefox 27 or waiting for IceDragon 27.

No problems with viewing of PDF of files in the current version.

I use only CID 26.0.0.2 portable.
I don’t use Adobe Reader in system.
As I don’t use DNS Comodo.

Try to disconnect DNS Comodo.
You to use DNS Comodo globally for the Internet?
Clear a browser cache.

Nitro plugin and the Nitro program (which I use instead of Adobe Reader)
[url=http://support.nitroreader.com/entries/22022688-Problem-with-IE-Plug-in]See[/url] Also Note: Not all plug-ins for Firefox work with Ice Dragon.

Try the regular version. Maybe there is a problem with only the portable version of IceDragon.

Ooooh. I hope this isn’t a prollem.

In the bad ol’ days when I be usin’ IE8, allowing PDF to open in browser is bad, m’kay? The work-around is to launch in seperate process.

I went into tools, options, applications, and specified for PDF to use Adobe Reader (default is preview w/ in CID).