A. THE BUG/ISSUE:
- What you did: The installation process seems to work properly, but after the required reboot CIS 6 doesn’t work, and give to me the message: " Cmdhtml was not found, a new installation could solve the problem. "
- What actually happened or you actually saw: See above.
- What you expected to happen or see:
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: I tried to reinstall CIS 6.
- If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): GesWAll 2.91 http://gentlesecurity.com/downloads_geswall.html . I always used it with all the previous version of CIS and I never had issues.
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen:
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): I think that the uninstallation of previous v 5.10, every time i tried it, was always not complete, although I cleaned the system and the registry, with a cleaner program and then manually.
C. YOUR SETUP: ( Previous v 5.10 that I uninstalled ): Sandbox disabled - Defense+ Paranoid Mode - Firewall custom policy.
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration:
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No, I uninstalled previous version 5.10 and I cleaned my system before installing v. 6.
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No.
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels:
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows XP SP3 32 bit, UAC disabled, logged as admin
- Other security and utility software currently installed: GesWall.
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed:
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]: