Unable to install after uninstall

I foolishly thought I would have a look at Norton Internet Security 2014.

I uninstalled CIS (free version) without problems, installed NIS 2014. Uninstalled NIS ran the Norton removal tool to be sure everything was gone… all ok.

Tried to install CIS… problem… it stuck at 69%. Only way to remove it (as not showing in add/remove programs) was to use the removal tool from the forum but I had to uninstall Comodo driver manually to get internet access back.

Tried to install firewall only… again no luck but this time, after restarting laptop, ran installer again. Got request to run a program to fix errors, which I did, but it couldn’t fix it but offered to create error report.

I am attaching error report and hope someone can get me up and running again.

I promise to NEVER uninstall Comodo again! :wink:

Thanks in advance for any help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Reinstall using the advice given in this topic

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/most-effective-way-to-reinstallupdate-cis-to-avoidfix-problems-t58620.0.html

Make sure to follow all the steps including removing traces of old security software

I did everything in the post you directed me to but no luck. Still stops at around 61%

I had to boot into safe mode and run the 2 removal tools to remove what had been installed. However, they did not remove the Comodo internet driver which prevented me from connecting to the internet until I manually uninstalled it.

I don’t want to do a clean install of Windows just to get Comodo to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sometimes it happens that you can’t connect to the internet after uninstalling, using the unofficial clean up tool or trying a manual deinstallation. Then the Inspect driver is still present and needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.