Unable to eject any usb drive

Hello.

After Comodo 10 Fireall it seems that i can’t safely eject any usb drives any more.

The error at the event is:

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe with process id 2440 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_18A5&PID_0412\555552125500009.

Any ideas much appreciated since i hate to remove Comodo after all those years.

I run Windows 10 latest 64bit and no AV other that Microsoft’s Defender.

Thanks

Bump…

I’m experiencing exactly the same problem with hotswap SATA disks when using Comodo Firewall.

Is there any hope for getting this fixed?

If it is any consolation, it is part of a bigger problem in Windows in which it is impossible to reject an external drive properly.

I once ran into it with a client’s computer with an external drive. A search learned me it is a problem with Windows its self in the first place driving people up the wall. According to comments that I saw it was suggested that Linux doesn’t have this problem.

In a nutshell: if you could take away the problem with CIS you still might end up with Windows not properly facilitating proper way of ejecting safely. :-\

@EricJH

Yes, i have seen that with Windows and NO Comodo software installed. But with Comodo is becomes worst and happens almost everytime.

Also disabling Sandbox etc etc and leaving the Firewall only enables, doesn’t stop cmdagent.exe to block USB eject.

:wink: