unable to detect these malware

Hi I have downloaded and installed the latest Comodo Antivirus software yesterday. Just would like to let you know that Comodo Antivirus was unable to detect the Trojan and adware even though these were in the comodo Antivirus list.

Thankfully, I was able to pick up the following by AOL Active Virus Shield. However, AOL Active Virus Shield eat up all my pc resources which make it very slow and impossible for me to do anything else while it was enabled. This is why I switched to Comodo Antivirus. However, now I am a bit disappointed and have since uninstalled Comodo Antivirus.

Trojan program Trojan.Win32.KillFiles.he
Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Turown.d
Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.VB.hr
Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Turown.k
adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.AdSrve.d
adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.CommonName.k

Since these trojan and adware were in your virus list, they should not have failed to be detected by Comodo Antivirus. How can I trust that other virus list will be detected by Comodo Antivirus now.

Fyi, I had the lastest version 2.0.12.47 and the database version 2.0.0.139 was the lastest as well.

Hope that you could improve your Comodo Antivirus and improve the interface, features and speed. AVG had a more user friendly interface (simple, efficient and hogged less resources). Unfortunately it has lower detected rate and the spyware protection is not integrated together with it’s antivirus software.

Best Regards
Rain

Hmm weird that it didnt detect something in its own list. You should try Comodo Boclean, it would probably detect all of them because its made for detecting many trojans, spyware… and ya.

Get it from here http://www.comodo.com/boclean/boclean.html

Hi Thanks for replying. I thought that Comodo antivirus has these malware, trojans, spyware detection all integrated which is one reason why I convert from AVG? I wonder why I change from AVG to Comodo now.

Well, I have not tried the boclean yet. I am looking at it now. Thanks for the link.

How i wish Comodo antivirus had all these integrated like the AOL Active Virus Shield.

A good detected rate and one that takes less resource while doing it’s job are what I ultimately look for in antivirus.