Unable to connect to AOL when first starting?

Hello,
When I first boot up my computer, XP Home loads the Desktop, I then click the Internet icon and then the PC tries to connect to AOL. A message is then received stating that the “Internet Explorer cannot display the Web page”. I then click on “Home” on the Google task bar and then everything works. I can then come out of AOL and the internet, then go back in without any hinderance! If I turn off the Comodo Firewall, this problem when starting does not occur. The problem does not occur if I use the standard Windows Firewall either.

I am using Internet Explorer 7 with the Google task bar.

Any ideas please?

Regards, Scants

I am an AOL user myself. How do you connect to the internet? There are a fair few AOL POP-UPS that will come up when you load AOL itself. There are many contributing factors to why you’re having trouble and most of them not Comodo related.

If you connect wirelessly do you have your router setup properly to include an aol username and password along with service and domain names entered? Have you set IE7 Connections to “Never dial a connection”? Are your LAN settings set to Automatically Detect Settings? Have you, in comodo, scanned for all known applications under Security/Tasks? Have you defined a Trusted Network?

Please provide more info as to your setup please…

Hi EricEgan,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly, it is much appreciated. I hope the following goes some way to answering the questions that you set me?
How do I connect to the Internet?
I do not have any AOL software on my system. I set the internet connection up via the Wizard within the Network Connections (Control Panel)
Do I connect wirelessly?
No
Have you set IE7 Connections to “Never dial a connection”?
No, please can you explained further, I am not sure of this.
Are your LAN settings set to Automatically Detect Settings?
I do not have a LAN so I have not set this.
Have I scanned for all known applications under Security/Tasks?
Yes
Have you defined a Trusted Network?
No

I should point out that I uninstalled Comodo and installed the Ashampoo free Firewall. This works perfectly and does not bombard me with questions. However, I am keen to find out where I am going wrong with Comodo because I believe it to be a good product to use. Any suggestions I will be more than happy to take onboard.

Regards, Scants.