Un-Installation and Problem with F-secure

(:WAV),
Well after removing CAV,i decided to install F-secure AV and had problems with it. (:SAD)
The pc hangs after booting,ie comodo’s taskbar icon is shown and after a few seconds the pc hangs,nothing happens…
i had to reboot to safe made to remove comodo.

Also,from my previous experiences with beta,i checked the comodo folder after un-installing and to my surprise i found quite a few files left from CAV and CFW…

Why isn’t all files being deleted by the un-installer…i m using the beta of CFW…

I had the same problem, here is the thread: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1247.0.html

They conflict so much that a clean uninstall just doesn’t seem possible. Fortunately it isn’t too difficult to clean up and my system went back to normal. I tried a lot of firewalls with F-secure AV and the only two that seemed to work well with it are Outpost and Kerio. Don’t try Zone Alarm either or it makes a mess worse then Comodo.

I split the difference and uninstalled Comodo on one machine and F-secure on another. I was left with pc1 running Kaspersky/Comodo and pc2 running F-secure/Outpost. Both are doing well and allow me to compare the two firewalls.

(:WAV),
thanks,after deleting all files,the official 2.2 version seems to be working well,you may try it as well.

Since you have CPF and another firewall running side-by-side, could we ask what your opinion is of CPF, in relation to Outpost?

Thanks in advance,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I am having a busy day at work but will try and put down some thoughts later today. Not sure where to start though as there are a lot of differences to note despite the fact they are doing a similar task. I only told half the story too as I also have Sunbelt-Kerio/F-Secure running on my laptop and have installed Comodo/NOD32 on my wifes machine. It has been tricky finding the right AV/Firewall combo for each of the machines as they all have different quirky issues that must be taken into account. For instance my wife does a lot of web design, ftp transfers while the laptop gets used a lot for web access via T-Mobile data card and remote admin through vnc. The other two home pc’s are for experiments, multimedia, etc, and some bittorrent activity.

The one thing I can say at this point is that Comodo is fairing well (at least on the machines that do not run F-Secure AV). Despite using the most memory of all the firewalls installed, it does seem to run the quickest. I just haven’t quite gotten comfortable with it yet and have a lot to learn. Most of my previous experience was with Outpost.

Now if I could just get my hands on this newest upcoming beta!! I can hardly wait, hoping it is released soon.