Uininstalling v3 [RESOLVED]

I installed ComodoV3 on my Vista Laptop when it became compatible with Vista and had no problems initially.

At some point, I think after an update, Limewire could no longer make an internet connection.

I checked in the forum and found instructions for creating network rules for Limewire. I spent a couple hours trying it over and over and reinstalling Limewire but could not get it to work.

Out of frustration I decided to uninstall Comodo. I turned it off and uninstalled. I then went to turn on the Windows firewall but Windows was reporting Comodo still running. I tried regcleaner to no avail. I finally reinstalled Comodo.

I checked the forum again and I see that this is not unusual. I read (some of) the 13 page sticky page with the intricate detailed instructions for manual removal. I don’t even want to start that process after the hours I already put in. I’m not even sure I trust the instructions.

This is unacceptable. I would never have installed the software had I known it was so insidious that it is this difficult (if at all possible) to remove.

Limewire for one has had problems with all the lastest builds and connecting. I dumped Limewire months ago. Its not Comodo causing your problem with Limewire. Use Frostwire instead. You seem to be mistaken also. Seems to me that Comodo uninstalled properly but the Windows Security Center still showed Comodo active. Was cpf.exe and cmdagent.exe running? If not then it unisntalled. Windows still showing Comodo or any other security program you uninstalled happens all the time. Its not Comodo its Windows. Happened to me when I uninstalled Threatfire and NOD32. Very easily fixable. There are tons of articles on the net about it and in here. You need to rebuild the repository folder.

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/cfp_3_shows_up_in_security_center_after_uninstall-t19445.0.html

I took your advice and installed Frostwire. It’s working fine so that fixes my original problem. I’ll just keep on truckin and not worry about the uninstall for now.

Thanks for your help…cs

Thread Locked. If you need this thread reopened PM a mod with a link to the thread.

Josh