Turning off the application monitor

I know little or nothing about firewalls so please do excuse my ignorance.
So here is my problem. I was unable to access my msn email; msn indicated I was not online. So I went to the Comodo Firewall and trurned off the application monitor and bingo I then had msn access. MSN was listed in the application monitor list. So with the monitor application off, what does this exactly mean?
Does this mean that I have no firewall protection? If it needs to be on, how can I
insure that I have access to msn.

Thanks for the help.

Barry

Hi Barry & welcome. :slight_smile:

Since you refer to the Application Monitor, I suppose you have CFP version 2.4? Thus I moved your topic here. If I’m wrong we’ll move it again.

With the Application Monitor (AM) off, you loose outbound protection - you won’t be able to allow/block programs to access the internet. I recommend you turn it on. As for your MSN problem, I’m not familiar with the program, so I’m not sure how to help you. A general question though, would be: have you accidentally blocked the program and as a consequence created a rule in AM? Please check the list to see if MSN is there.

LA

I have a similar problem, except I cannot access the internet at all. I have checked the AM list and there are only “allow” entries. Earlier I had the same problem but there was a block entry for iexplorer so I deleted it and my internet worked again. Not the case this time.

I need the same help as original poster. ???

Since you’re here now, does that mean that you can access the internet when shutting down CFP?

LA

ps. welcome to the forum :slight_smile: