Trying to scan or update - Error Code 0x800705aa - insufficient system resources

64 bit CPU
32bitWinXPpro SP3
CIS Configuration Report attached

I’ve been using CFP for a while and recently installed CIS. Now trying to do a virus scan.

Whenever I click Run a Scan then Scan OR click Update Virus Database i get “Error Code 0x800705aa - insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.”

I’ve tried rebooting.

Administrator account.

[attachment deleted by admin]

After doing clean CIS installs on two other machines here I decided to go back and uninstall/reinstall it on this machine. Solved the problem. I guess I should have done an uninstall before doing the upgrade the first time around. But there was no such warning like the warning that BOClean gives before doing an upgrade.

I, too, have encountered the “insufficient system resources” error message. Tried closing all other programs… Task Manager sez I have plenty of memory, CPU available…

Is there any other solution besided uninstalling and then re-installing? Seems kinda bogus to me.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have this problem, too. I have used for quite awhile without this error code before. System and settings remain the same. During a scan that usually takes a couple of hours something occurred causing this error. I discovered it when I found the scan stuck on a file after over 9 hours elapsed. Now all I get is this error when I try to rescan. Is there a trend here?

If you updated then chances are you will need to uninstall, reboot, and do a clean install. This seems to resolve many issues after an update.

Hello All :slight_smile:

I ran into the same error code earlier. I searched for resolutions and come across uninstalling and reinstalling. So I did so, and ran registry cleaners before reinstalling. It seemed to take care of the problem. However tonight when I got home, the regularly schedule scan was running but not scanning any files. I stopped the scan and received the same 0x800705aa error code. I also get the error of insufficient system resources if I try and update the anti-virus definition files. I was wondering if there’s any solution to the problem? I’ve been using Comodo for quite a while and have not made any changes recently. Thanks for any help there might be!!

Please try a clean install using the following (forget about removing Legacy keys; they are a lot of work):

Uninstall CIS and reboot. Then run [url=https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_116494436_released-t37631.0.html]Comodo System Cleaner[/url] to get rid off registry keys.

Then delete the Comodo folders under Program Files, Program Files\Common Files, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ .
For Vista/Win7
Users%username%\appdata\local, Users%username%\appdata\roaming\ and \Users%username%\appdata\local\virtual store

To be even more thorough open Device Manager and set it to show hidden devices under menu option View. Then see if there are Comodo driver(s) left in non Plug and Play drivers. If so select the driver → click right → uninstall and reboot.

Now delete the following:
C:\boot.ini.comodofirewall (this file may not exist).
WARNING: Do not mistakenly remove the original “boot.ini”.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmdGuard.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmdhlp.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\inspect.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard32.dl

a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup\CFP and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup\Comodo Internet Security
b. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\1 *
*(If you have other Comodo products installed, delete only the values
for CFP)
c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
\cmdAgent
d. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
\cmdGuard
e. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\cmdHlp
f. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Inspect
g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services
\cmdAgent
h. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services
\cmdGuard
i. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\cmdHlp
j. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Inspect
k. KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services
\cmdAgent
l. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services
\cmdGuard
m. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdHlp
n. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Inspect
o. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdAgent
p. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdGuard
q. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdHlp
r. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
\Inspect
s. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro
t. HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1202660629-746137067-2145843811-1003\Software\ComodoGroup\CFP
u. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
v. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
w. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
x. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
y. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
z. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
aa. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
bb. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
cc. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
dd. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
ee. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
ff. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
gg. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
hh. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
ii. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
jj. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
kk. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32
ll. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x64
mm. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFPLog
nn. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CPFFileSubmission
oo. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro

*Note: It may not be possible to remove these “LEGACY” keys. If you cannot delete them, leave them in the registry. However, I have subsequently found that you MAY be able to remove these keys in Safe Mode by using a third-party registry tool. To permanently remove them may also require modifying the Permissions for each key. See: https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_info-t17220.0.html;msg119226#msg119226

Now you should be good to go

So far so good! Thank you EricJH! :-TU

I encountered the Error Code 0x800705aa problem today as well. I did update from 3.9.???.508 to 3.9.???.509 as Egemen said that you don’t need to reinstall anything. Right…

Operating system: Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 + online updates
CIS version: 3.9.95478.509
Other security software: None
Firewall security level: Custom Policy Mode
Defense+ security level: Safe mode
AV Real Time Scanner: Stateful
Other Antivirus settings: Heuristics set to High. Other things Default.

It halted with 0 objects scanned on system32\winlogon.exe. Although I don’t know how accurate this info is since often GUI shows totally different file than the one which actually cause the issue.

A clean install is recommended, as noted above in this thread.

So what’s the point of having built-in updater? And why the devs themselves say you don’t need to reinstall anything? If there is an updater, then it should work. More over it should work without major issues. If it doesn’t work, then fix it or remove it.
You can’t say ‘make a clean install’ to every issue a user encounters. Like it was some brilliant solution 'cause it’s not. Do you reinstall Windows every time you have a problem with it or there is an update? No, at least majority of people don’t. So stop saying ‘make a clean install’ 'cause it is irritating. If you have nothing to add to this thread which in fact is a bug report then just skip it.

So what’s the point of having built-in updater? - To get updates.

And why the devs themselves say you don’t need to reinstall anything? - Normally

If there is an updater, then it should work. More over it should work without major issues.

If it doesn’t work, then fix it or remove it. - They fix it.

You can’t say ‘make a clean install’ to every issue a user encounters. Like it was some brilliant solution 'cause it’s not. - You’re right it’s not “some brilliant solution”. It is in fact a simple common sense solution that has resolved many quirky problems for many users. Which also eliminates lot’s of potential issues that can occur from updating vs. fresh install so we have some baseline to start trouble shooting.

Do you reinstall Windows every time you have a problem with it or there is an update? - No, not every time, :wink:

No, at least majority of people don’t.

The rest I won’t address, but do duly note as personal blah.

Bad

Hi,
I encountered the same problem (posted here - in French, sorry : https://forums.comodo.com/francais_french/bug_antivirus-t40707.0.html;msg295317#msg295317).

So i made a new clean installation of CIS. But this operation does not resolve the problem. The same error still occurs from time to time.

Operating system: Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 + online updates
CIS version: 3.9.95478.509
Other security software: None
Firewall security level: Custom Policy Mode
Defense+ security level: Safe mode
AV Real Time Scanner: Stateful
Other Antivirus settings: Heuristics set to High. Other things Default.

I wanted to scan my C partition using a profile which I created before naming it C drive with the path to scan C:\. Just after choosing the right profile and pressing the Scan button CIS started updating virus database which was taking unusually long. Few minutes after I saw the scan process GUI but there was no progress. I suspected that the cmdagent.exe crashed/exited like before (I didn’t report it earlier 'cause I wasn’t sure of that fact). Anyway, the bug Error Code 0x800705aa appears when cmdagent.exe crashes/exits silently. Restarting the service makes GUI responsive again. Of course the scan has to be restarted as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well people, I think (it worked for me) I may have found the solution…

Had the dreaded error since since updating to newest version (via Comodo’s built in update service). Even if the first thing I did after rebooting the computer was trying to update virus database, I still got the error.

I then tried a clean install, meaning:
1- Uninstall CIS;
2- Reboot;
3- Reinstall CIS;
4- Reboot;
5- Update virus database;
6- Reboot;

After step 6, when trying to once again to update virus database or run virus scanner, I still got the dreaded error.

Solution: Restart the COMODO Internet Security Helper Service.
Once I did that, everything ran normally.

Hope this can help you.

ZX14

p.s.: running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.

Please take a look at an update to my last post, here:

https://forums.comodo.com/anti-virus-bugs/update-failed-error-code-0x800705aa-insufficient-system-resources-t48542.0.html