Trusted Vendor List Security and Maintenance Problems

I am enjoying making my computer sader with the Comodo Internet Security Pack quite some time now.
It has greatly helped my avoid unwanted activity on my Windows Box and i hope you guys continue this greta program.

But recently was very surprised when executing a program, expecting a comodo warning to popm up before anything else happens (so i can configure what actions i do alow and which not) and there just wasnt one.

Then i saw the Trusted vendor list and, yes, really, it was on the list.

I therefore came here to note that the Trusted Vendor List needs staff attention:

• There are entries that just shouldnt be there. Why would Comodo auto-trust Vendor entries that are outdated, not for common users, definitely not the way one would usually expect to happen in the background, withouth warning bubbles. Examples: “Google (Test)”, “Priviledged Signing Cert” (btw, who owns this awesome signer name?), “TEST USE ONLY”, “medina.com (test)”, “Microsoft Windows 2000 Beta” (WTF! if someone shows up with that certificate now, he should be quarantined, not trusted), “DELSLAPTOP\owner”, “DAD-PC\owner” etc (dont trust obviously fail-entries, how did this even get on the list???)
  • There are quite some entries which shouldnt be there because although the company is world-wide known and the executables do not contain specific malware, yet are known for repeatedly violating EU/local law and thus should fire many warnings when they install possibly illegal services. examples: Electronic Arts Inc, Apple*

I also have some questions i hope someone can answer:

• How do i delete all preinstalled entries in the list? i would like to keep my entires and the needed ones for comodo, though…
  • HOW DO I DISABLE AUTOMATICALLY ADDING VENDORS OF EXECUTED FILES TO MY LIST. This is vital to security. Why does this even happen?
  • Is there anyway to select/delete mutiple entries at once? My list is quite long, its hard to manage. I didnt manage to open it in an external program.

thanks for reading, have a nice day

attached: related resources:
Comodo Internet Security Version 6.0 > Advanced Settings > Security Settings > Manage File Rating > Trusted Vendors List

No one replied to this post, so I’d like to bump it up, hoping in a better fortune :a0

To have an updated Trusted+Vendor list is it sufficient to substitute in my 5.10 version the old files

• vendor.h
  • vendor.n
    with the same ones that come from a 6.2 installation?

Are they “compatible” between them?

Do these vendor.* files get updated automatically in the program?

The comodo truster vendor list is a shame, and it shouldn’t be trusted. There are certs used by malware, weird certs that could be use by the NSA or anyone, certs outdated…

https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/who-is-responsible-of-adding-malware-in-cis-whitelist-t96651.0.html;msg696630#msg696630

https://forums.comodo.com/av-false-positivenegative-detection-reporting/report-trusted-and-whitelisted-malware-here2013-no-live-malware-t89869.255.html

I understand now why nobody from comodo appears when there is a post about this. There is like a secret halo around the TVL and nobody has the details of each entry.

You can pm to Melih or Egemen to get an answer.

Thanks for your point of view :-TU
Let us see what egemen has to say

To but quote myself from the topic you referred to:

I suggest you stop cross posting, topic hijacking and flaming. There is no cover up only an intelligent member who refuses to use his memory and the forum search option.

Did you saw when it was posted…

That’s not relevant. You’re hijacking a topic an cross posting again. I just replied in the other topic.

It’s absurd, it can’t be hijacking if the topic is exactly the same… I was just adding more information

I am afraid you are hijacking this Topic as you have done in the past the only information you supplied is a link you have provided before in these posts below, and trying to promote your topic.

https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/whitelist-malware-t81474.0.html;msg583183#msg583183

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cis-58-beta-9854-detection-t76220.0.html;msg546456#msg546456

Please post in your own topic and stop hijacking other topics otherwise we may be forced to take further action.

Please read the Forum Policy

Thank you

Dennis

Are you telling me that the 2 links you have provided are an example of hijacking?
one 3 years ago and the other 2 years ago? why I wasn’t accused then? because is not hijacking. If someone ask what is going on with the TVL and I post the link to the thread where the people post the malware allowed by the TVL is something useful and informative.

https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/whitelist-malware-t81474.0.html;msg583183#msg583183

I would like to use the tvl. How big a problem is the occurrence of these companies somehow making malware? Thank you.
Some ask how big the problem is... the easiest way to see it is go to this link https://forums.comodo.com/av-false-positivenegative-detection-reporting/report-trusted-and-whitelisted-malware-here2012-no-live-malware-t80089.0.html

If this is hijacking?.. you should be ashamed, the only hijacking is done by you and Erik with all your out of the topic posts. You should do your work and delete them

If you don’t like the people to see this link,

then close the thread, but don’t make me lose my time with ridiculous accusations that doesn’t make any sense.

Regards

There you go again implying I have said something which I have not, the reason for the two links was to show you have already used a link to one of those topic and have had a full explanation given.

Comodo have now provide a box you can untick if you do not trust or do not wish to use the TVL.

Why would I want to hide or close the topic for removing Trusted and Whitelisted.

I am very grateful to the members who make a big effort to find problems and post in that topic and also in the Whitelisting topic for the benefit of all members.

The only topic I specified that you where hijacking was this one which you continue to do even though I asked you not to :frowning:

Dennis