A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: I can reproduce it on my system very reliably.
If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
a: Put a trusted .exe in Shared Space (or other excluded folder) For the test I used the latest CCleaner setup .exe.
b: Right-click the executable and click “Run in COMODO Sandbox”
c: The application will be run normally and not in the sandbox.
d: I tested with Comodo Dragon running as Fully Virtualized to download the latest CCleaner setup to “C:\Users**username removed ;)**\Downloads\Shared Downloads” (which I have set up as excluded) and then started it from the Fully Virtualized Comodo Dragon, it was run outside the Sandbox!
- If not obvious, what U expected to happen: I expected the applications to run inside the sandbox.
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: I tested several trusted applications, just using CCleaner as an example.
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: For the purpose of testing I’m using CCleaner v4.08.4428 setup file.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: I believe “Do not virtualize access to the specified files/folders” is implemented too broad, it’s supposed to make sandboxed applications have an access to the real system but it also prohibits trusted applications in this folder from being launched in the sandbox. (Putting the same file in another folder that is not excluded will make you able to start it sandboxed)
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: CIS version 6.3.302093.2976 | My own configuration.
- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: HIPS = Safe mode | BB = Disabled | Firewall = Custom | AV = Stateful
- Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): Too many to list, config file will be attached.
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: No
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: N/A
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: Yes.
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: Yes
[/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: Windows 8.1 64bit | UAC disabled through registry | Administrator account | Real machine.
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a= Zemana AntiLogger Free b= None other than Zemana and default Windows security applications.
[attachment deleted by admin]