Trusted>Access Memory Block>...with Defense+

Hi, I have this problem I found in the forum…followed the solution but the running process for Comodo looks to be already added to the rule in my Firewall version 5.5.195786.1383. The application that is being blocked crashes sometimes. Trying to fix. Thanks

From the forum
9. Problem:
Defense+ Log viewer shows an entry with a valid application, Action is Direct memory Access, Target is one of the Comodo CIS program files

Solution:
Memory sharing issue.
Select Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy.
Scroll down to Comodo Internet Security, select Edit/Protection Settings.
Interprocess memory Access (Active Yes) select Modify/Add/Running processes.
Scroll down to locate the application. Click it and click “Select”.
Then just “Apply” to each window as you exit.

I didn’t understand any of that, but this is the firewall help subforum. you might want to try the defense+ subforum for this question.

I agree - Moved.

Try again. I’m using Comodo Firewall v5.5195786.1383 which has a feature called Defense+. I am having the same problem listed in this “Troubleshooting CIS” topic.( forum link https://forums.comodo.com/guides-cis/troubleshooting-cis-t30083.0.html;msg217418#msg217418 )

The problem I’m having is number (9). I’m getting continual Memory Access Blocks ( a couple blocks per minute) for an App that is trusted. I followed the recommended solution but it doesn’t fix the problem.
The solution appears to have been already added to my build as a fix but the problem is still there.

As listed in the guide.
9. Problem:
Defense+ Log viewer shows an entry with a valid application, Action is Direct memory Access, Target is one of the Comodo CIS program files

Solution:
Memory sharing issue.
Select Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy.
Scroll down to Comodo Internet Security, select Edit/Protection Settings.
Interprocess memory Access (Active Yes) select Modify/Add/Running processes.
Scroll down to locate the application. Click it and click “Select”.
Then just “Apply” to each window as you exit.

What problem is still there? The memory access by third party application or the crashing of the third party application?

I have both problems. The Memory Access Block for the third party occurs a couple times per minute.
The Defense+ Rules show that the applications Interprocess Memory Accesses and everything else is “Allowed” except run executable “ask” , registry keys “ask”, files/folders “ask”. The Defense+ log shows continual Access Memory “blocks” for the app and I don’t recall being asked for anything on this app.

Can you show a screenshot of the exception you made for memory access for application to Comodo processes?

Defense+>Computer Security Policy>Defense+ Rules>Comodo Internet Security>Edit

[attachment deleted by admin]

I don’t see an application added other than the standard applications in the Interprocess Memory Access screen (third image). Add the application that needs the memory access and Apply and OK your way back to the main screen

That fixed it.

I thought the solution in #9 was to add the Comodo Internet Security process which was already there.
My thought was that since it was already an exclusion it was a fix added to newer releases and the solution was dated.

Thanks for the help.