TrustConnect Timeout?

Does TC have a connection timeout? It seems I’m always being disconnected anywhere from 15-45 minutes after connecting. I’ve tried from home and work. Home is behind a DSL router, and work is behind an HTTP proxy.

The only difference with my setup is I’m using the real OpenVPN client, v2.1_rc12. Are there problems with TC and the real OpenVPN client vs Comodo’s modified version? What version of OpenVPN is Comodo’s client based on?

No, TrustConnect doesn’t have any connection timeout.

Probably you are using non-original Comodo TC client config. Check your configuration file for this option:
inactive n [bytes]
Causes OpenVPN to exit after n seconds of inactivity on the TUN/TAP device. The time length of inactivity is measured since the last incoming tunnel packet.

Current TrustConnect client based on version v2.1_rc_4.

I re-check from time to time to make sure I’m using the current OpenVPN config. I’ve only added the settings for my http proxy at work, and the new setting ‘auth-nocache’ which prevents the user / pass info from being cached in memory (available in the later rc’s).

But since you mentioned the config, I’m going to try removing the ‘auth-nocache’ setting and see if it fixes the problem.

Well, I guess that was it. I haven’t been disconnected yet this afternoon.

That setting is something to keep in mind when TC gets the update to the later RC’s.

Thank you for your advise. We take this into account.