True stealth Failed? [Resolved]

Hello Everyone: I just tested the Comodo firewall using GRC site and the Leak Test Passed, then I did the Stealth test and all ports were Stealthed, but as you see below it states the "Tru stealth Test “Failed” shouldn’t it state that it “Passed”?? I am not to familar with the results from there.! Thanks >>>

This textual summary may be printed, or marked and copied
for subsequent pasting into any other application:

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2007-03-07 at 19:37:24

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open
0 Ports Closed

1056 Ports Stealth

1056 Ports Tested

ALL PORTS tested were found to be: STEALTH.

TruStealth: FAILED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,
- NO unsolicited packets were received,
- A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.

They’re saying it failed because you allegedly accepted an ICMP Echo Request and replied to it. There’s a couple things to keep in mind here:

1. With any of these online tests, you may not, in fact, be scanning your computer. If you have a router, it’s the router being scanned, not your machine. In some cases, your ISP’s hardware (remote to your computer) actually acts as a router and is what is being scanned.

2. If you installed CFP on Automatic (as opposed to the Advanced installation routine), you have by default the Network Monitor rules listed here: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5340.msg39465.html#msg39465 As long as you have not modified those rules, so that they remain as they have always been, you will note that there is no provision for responding to an ICMP Echo Request. You can create one yourself (used for Ping, tracert, etc), but a response to one will be blocked.

Thus, in this scenario, you may not have, in fact, failed the GRC test.

LM

I see what you mean and thats exactly what happened, I forgot that I am doing the test for the first time using a router. I just got Verizon DSL not too long ago, Thank You

No problem, Tom. Glad to help clear that up for you!

LM

PS: I’ll mark this topic resolved and close it out. If you need to reopen it, just PM one of the Mods with a link and we’ll be happy to reopen.