TrojWare.JS.TrojanClicker.Linker.H@14996 -- what is this virus?

Since this message seems to come up any time Microsoft Defender / Anti-Spyware tries to update, I would guess that COMODO is detecting a signature of a virus that Defender is prepared to protect against - so it should be safe to ignore permanently.
(Running CIS 3.5.57173.439 with definitions from July 29 09)

Hi,

In order to receive the latest Antivirus signature updates for Comodo Internet Security you must have the latest version of the software installed. Follow the next link to download and install the latest version of CIS:

Regards,
Ionel

Can I just install overtop of my current installation, or do I need to do a full uninstall first?

And I take it that there’s no “update” feature inside of CIS that will allow me to just download the updates?

-Josh

Hi,

Download the latest version of CIS, uninstall the older version and after restart install the new one. This is the best approach on your situation.

Regards,
Ionel

Hello,

I got exactly same problem with Trojanclicker and just installed the latest Comodo version.

After a new scan with the newest Comodo it found a trojan Trojware.Win32TrojanProxy.Horst.~A@25568489.

I dont know if the Clicker-symptoms and Horst are connected but I suppose so.

Have a nice weekend!

Hi jusilt,

Please upload the detected file at

and write in the comment box the link to this thread in the forum.

Thanks and regards,
Ionel

I have received the same warning every time I try to update (download) Windows Firewall. If I opt to remove that “virus” the update does not happen.

Hi Jim54,

Can you please submit the file to us in order to verify it?

Thanks and regards,
Ionel

i think its a virus

i haveing update problems for ages
a year windows update started giving error messages and failed to update
windows defender failed to update as well
and windows one care ( anti virus which i latter uninstalled)

i scanned this computer with several majour antivirus companies free virus scanners but they found nothing!
suddenly COMODO AV finds this TrojWare.JS.TrojanClicker.Linker.H@14996
it was located at C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ect…\BIT"yadeya".tmp

so far i have four of these things in quarantine, they seem to be replicating.

Strangely windows update started working again, yester day and installed tones of updated(after the things have been quarantined) it could be unrelated however. I tried checking for updated today
( mannually), but it is producing errors again

anyone had similar symptoms?

Hi,SpartanA117

Pls check the version of CIS.if u use the old version,pls uninstall it and download the lastest version in this link:http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php,this would be ok.If u think it’s a malware,pls zipped the file and upload it to the forum.We will take a look at it.

Regards,
hailong.■■■■