Tried, But Can't For the Life of Me Figure Out How to Unblock [Resolved]

I clicked block for windows media player a few times, not meaning to block it forever. But, I accidentally did and now I can’t open it. (I think) I’ve searched everywhere for how to undo blocks or remove things from the blocked list. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this is probably a bit of a stupid question, but I’ve genuinely tried searching through the help tool and opening every list. Thanks.

Hey there and welcome (:HUG)

Everywere h

You could of blocked explorer from starting wmp,or blocked it in Computer Security Policy.

Try Defence+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy and look for any entries for wmp highlight them and then “Remove”/APPLY to all windows,this will allow D+ to re-learn wmp.
It is most likely you have blocked explorer from running wmp.
To check this—>Defence+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy,find the entry “%windir%\explorer.exe” highlight it and choose “Edit”.In the new window click on “Access Rights” and then on “Modify” next to “Run an executable”
Here you will get allowed and blocked application lists,have a look in the blocked part and if wmp is there remove it and APPLY to close all windows.

Matty

errr … why is half of my post deleted ???

Strange things are happening in this forum…

Xan

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much. You really made my day a lot easier.

As the problem is solved, I’ll now close this topic. If you should need it reopened, please PM an online moderator with a link to this topic.

Cheers,
Ragwing