tray icon

Hello everyone, I installed Comdo yesterday for the first time. The tray icon read something like ’ comodo is running you are protected ’ I can’t quite remember.Today if you put the mouse pointer on it , it reads Comodo Firewall Pro is being initialized.I know the firewall is working, can anyone explain,sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. :-[

Hi mike746
No it’s not a stupid question.

It’s a cosmetic bug. There are a number of posts regarding this. I’ve had it on occasion, usually a computer restart fixes it for me. On some systems it stays like that. I’m pretty sure they are working on a fix for this.
Here’s a post regarding this, there are some more somewhere here. Soya will be able to find them.
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,7445.0.html

Don’t be worried about asking questions. The guys here are keen to help, they believe in this product. Since I installed it, after using za, I’ve become a convert too.

(:WAV)

Dear Sullo many thanks for your prompt reply, I am very reassured by your answer.I too used to use ZA but after hearing so many good things about Comodo,thought I’d give it a go. I really like it so far, although I’m not to tech minded.Great support too cheers :slight_smile:

If the message bothers you, right click on the CPF tray icon, select Adjust Security Level and change it to block all or allow all and then back to custom (which I assume you have set). That should clean up the stuck message. It works for me when this happens. YMMV though.

Al