Tray icon alert?

Normally the tray icon appears as a simple white shield, but occasionally it shows a version that includes a flame behind the shield. Is this some sort of intrusion alert? If not, what does it mean and what action needs to be taken, if any? I can’t find anything in the help files that explains this.

Gooday!

welcome to the comodo forums,

I have experienced this myself a couple of times and have seen others reported this also… This is not an intrusion alert, this is just a minor bug, nothing special…

if you close CIS (right click and choose exit) and when opening CIS again, you will see it is a white shield again…

Let me know if you have more questions!

(V)

OK, Thanks for the info. It would be nice to know why they included the alternative tray icon in the program. There must have been SOMETHING they planned to use it for. This is one of several utilities I have that display undocumented tray icon displays. It’s kind of frustrating to think “its trying to tell me something. Wonder what it is”.

I was thinking similar, in that the icon does show up (I have seen it once myself). My thought involved what was the conditions to actually display this particular icon - it is saying something.

well, the icon with the flames only shows up when cfp is updating… and sometimes something gets wrong and cfp gets confused and you see the updating tray icon… at least that is my theory…

Maybe others can shed more light on this…

In my case, it happens when another Windows user profile is opened. I don’t think it’s significant, as a leak test still shows 100% protection. If you restart the firewall the red circle icon goes away but it hardly seems worth the trouble.