Touchpad Scrolling Won't Work in Firefox

2 days ago, I installed Comodo 4 and my touchpad vertical scrolling on my laptop has stopped working in firefox. It’s weird because it works in powerpoint and word. I think it has to do with defense+ but I’m not sure. I tried adding the touchpad program to safe files but that didn’t work

There have been reports of interactions between some versions of firefox and the sandbox. I’d suggest:

1. Updating to the latest version of firefox
  2. Checking whether you are using a preloader for firefox, if so adding it to My Safe Files
  3. If above don’t work try disabling the sandbox and rebooting. This last just to check whether it is the sandbox or not. If it is there is likely a way to address it.

Best wishes

Mouse

tried that and it didn’t work. this morning when i woke up, it was working again.

OK, just to check, you tried disabling sandbox as well and rebooting? And after that it did not work?

(One reason it may not have worked until this morning might be that you did not reboot until then)

If so I’ll see if anyone else has any suggestions

Best wishes

Mouse

We would be grateful if you would add bug report information as requested here.

Best wishes

Mouse

Last time I upgraded Firefox I had a similar issue. The new version was sand boxed every time I tried to run it and I had to manually add it it to my safe files. The next day I could take it out of my safe files and it was OK.

When it sand boxed Firefox it asked and I said never run in the sand box again but it still did until I manually added it to my safe files.

This was on Windows 7 64 bit. CIS 4.0.138377.779 in clean PC mode.

Are you still having a problem Firefox sandboxing with .828 and the latest firefox? If so I’d like to track it down with you.

Best wishes

Mouse