Total crash after installing Firewall v3

(:AGY)
Yesterday I decided to install Vista Business Edition 64 bit on my system. There were already installed: Xp Pro, (with Sygate firewall pro,Avast Antivirus and Vista Home Premium edition.
Everything worked fine, including Vista Home Premium. Although Comodo firewall kept reminding me that an update was available, but I was unable to download or install that update (@.something) was missing.
To make it short. After installing the drivers for Vista X64, and downloading and installing Avast, and downloading the X64 version of Comodo Firewall, I installed Comodo. Everything seemed to be normal. But because Avast was just downloading updates, I told Comodo to restart later.
After the download of Avast was complete, I rebooted…
And… guess…
Invalid boot media…Insert another bootable media…I tried many tools including the Vista repair options, but unfortunately…the bootsector was gone…just like the partitions…
Steps I took were Paragon, to recover the partitions…But unfortunately I could not find anything back, except the backups that I made…(only docs and data files,etc)…Since I am a programmer, and work with pc’s since 1984, I am sure that I didn’t do anything wrong…In fact, this happened before, under the same circumstances…
The pc: Athlon Dual Core X64, 4 GB memory, 250 Maxtor Harddisk, Emu 0404 soundcard and the other basic stuff…
Now I am really affraid to install CFP again, although I am making backups now right after driver installation, and activation…
I have no clou of what happend…or what caused it…But I had to re-install everything from scratch since my backups of Windows also contained CFP…
So, anyone has a suggestion? It took me hours to make the harddisk accessable again. The MBR was totally messed up…
I hope someone recognises this situation…
With kind regards,
Etude.

What program do you use for multiboot? How where the different OSes configured? In multiple partitions or in a single partition (acronis bootloader and FirstDefence-ISR permit you to have multiboot on the same partition).

It is more likely that is related with your boot loader and not with CFP.

Panagiotis

:THNK No 3rth-party bootloaders were involved.And for each installation a partition (Primary) was created. I installed Windows XP Pro, 32 bit…updated everything, the rest of the harddisk was still empty, only the first partition was created by XP itself (45 GB).
Then I installed Vista Home Premium…(32 bits). (creating and formatting the partition during setup (45 Gb). I installed all updates, Avast, drivers, CFP 3 (32 bits version), windows update etc…Then after rebooting everything went fine…Windows started up with the common choices…(Earlier version of Windows, or Vista).
Everything worked fine then…
Then I installed Vista Business X64. Same routine, create a partition during install (60 Gb), formatted, installed, installed Avast, the soundcard drivers etc…(external drives were switched off). Everything worked fine, installed the software.Reboots gave the expected results. During booting: earlier version of Windows, and 2 times the Vista option. After fine-tuning, activating of Vista X64, I decided to install CFP 3 again…Avast was downloading during the install of CFP. So I waited for the download to finish. Then I restarted the computer as asked by CFP setup. everything went fine…but CFP told me that an update was available…and downloaded it…but it refused to install. (missing file?).
I restarted the pc again…Then…harddisk empty, or at least…Paragon partition manager showed huge partitions, even larger then the harddisk itself. (300 gB, 260 gB) etc…
even formatting didn’t work at last…I had to use Maxtools (Acronis) to make the harddisk accessable again…The install today of CFP version 3 32 bits went fine on the Home Premium version…but I am affraid to install the X64 version again…
anyway…some mysteries remain unsolved…just like life…
with kind regards,
etude…