to much update

hi to alll,
i have Comodo internet security 3.9.95478.509 at my machine. Mostly every time with update comodo take about 50 Mb for antivirus base update. As i have low connection (GPRS) it is not so pleasant.
Is it normal? How i can fix it?

thanks in advance

hi to alll,
i have Comodo internet security 3.9.95478.509 at my machine. Mostly every time with update comodo take about 50 Mb for antivirus base update. As i have low connection (GPRS) it is not so pleasant.
Is it normal? How i can fix it?

thanks in advance

errrrr two identical posts by different poster ???
anywho… yep, IMO it’s normal. i often get the update too.
maybe you can disable the automatic update? (sorry, i don’t have CIS on this comp right now)

I am having the same problem. I am running .509 and my CIS updates about every two (2) hours. On top of that it pops up a balloon that says CIS virus database is being updated and then another balloon that says that CIS database has been updated. Please, only the second balloon would be enough. Yes, turning off auto update solves the problem but then I have to remember to manually check for updates. How about the option of auto update or the option of a user scheduled update.

There is going to be a release (3.10) soon that will fix the problem.

OK, thats clear to me, inot alone. Thanks to all!

Will wait for new CIS :slight_smile:

I have noticed this annoying occurrence as well. In addition, when the virus database is being updated, XP basically freezes it becomes so slow, even with 2Gig of Ram and a 2.6 GHz processor.

I will be looking forward to the new release as well, hoping this issue will be resolved.

I have same problem.
Seeing COMODO program folder, I found that everytime I started my
Windows XP, bases.cav file was overwrited from repair folder.
So A/V upate very old cav file. As you know original bases.cav version
is 1057 and current one is over 1500.
This means A/V update bases.cav more than 400 times.
Each update needs to write bases.cav (over 90M), so if I need
400 times upate, COMODO A/V write 36G byte to hard drive.
I think this cause OS slow down or freeze.

My workarounnd is very poor and primitive.
Copy bases.cav from scanners folder to repair folder when I log out
Windows.
It minimize update time if A/V copy bases.cav from repair folder
to scanners folder.

Hope this will be fixed in version 3.10

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

I see that a new version of CIS will be out soon. Will this be an update, or will we have to go through the rigmarole of uninstalling the old version and setting up from scratch?

Either way, it might be worth it. I’m hugely impressed with CIS’s low resource use most of the time; the whole picture changes when it updates. As it does - a lot.

The updating process essentially brings my computer to a halt. It’s an old and low-spec machine - 1GHz CPU, 512MB RAM - and is, thankfully, used mostly for testing new software before I risk it on the (marginally!) better machine.

The frequent updates really are a nightmare when one’s actually trying to do anything on a computer. According to XP’s Task Manager, Comodo was guzzling over 180 000 kb of memory during an update this afternoon. Ouch. No wonder the poor machine ground to a halt.

So - a way to go before using CIS as my usual computer protection. But updates aside, it’s looking promising - I ASSUME the AV protection is up with the other major free antiviruses like Avira, Avast!, AVG and PC Tools?

I await the new version with great interest - and really hope that installing it will prove simple.

An Update to fix the update problem !!! YES !!!

I knew those guys would do it !!!

(V)

hi to all

new feature: after updating and downloading about 40 MB my CIS told me - “antivirus bases are out of date”.
It goes from 25 of June. After that it happens every time, and bases has date 25 june.
I mke update manually, try to do it about 7 times, every time 40 MB and post: “antivirus bases are out of date” and no new bases.

please fix it.

Merck. Are you using 3.10 or 3.9? There are no more AV updates for 3.9.

Hi , EricJH,

i have Comodo internet security 3.9.95478.509 at my machine. So, all i can find at Free Firewall - Download the Best Firewall Protection and Anti-Virus Scan Software from Comodo - only 3.9 is available.
Will find 3.10 for myself :slight_smile:

Thanks

actually it is 3.10 click on the download link

Or get it from here: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_310102194530_released-t41954.0.html .

thanks to both of you,
im downloaded it and instal. Right now is downloading AV bases . 30 Mb for now :) Something im already seen.

later:
download about 40 Mb and no update :(. Problem - the same.
CIS 3.10.102194.530
AV version- 1157
My CIS told me - AV bases never update (as after installation).

What do you mean with “My CIS told me - AV bases never update (as after installation).”? What type of alert did you get?

Did you interrupt the av update process at any point or did you let it run its course?

Under Summary click on the link behind “The virus database has been updated on”. What does it tell?

Mine also said it had never been updated. Even after clicking and downloading the database and restarting. I just left it until it did its automatic update and it resolved itself.