To Developers: Default Rules

Go to the Firewall section, under Firewall tasks - Advanced and then chose Network Security Policy. Here you can either use custom application rules or custom global rules to specify hosts.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi Triplejolt,

I already know how to set Global Rules.

My question is whether ‘Host’ name in CFP 3 is the same as [computername] in CFP 2.

My computer name is “Charlie-PC”. My PC is only connected to the internet and not to any other network.

I tested by only having one global rule : to allow IP out from [host name=test] to IP Any.

Traffic still goes out of my computer although I set to allow IP out from a host name (“test”) which is different from my PC’s (“Charlie-PC”). Shouldn’t it only allow traffic out if the host name matches my computer name?

Hostname is the same as your computer name. Hence “Test” is incorrect. Is this the topmost rule in the list?

For testing purposes, I deliberately chose to have only one Global Rule. No other rules.

The rule is to allow IP out from [host name=test] to IP Any. In theory, if my computer name is not “test”, shouldn’t CFP not allow traffic out?

That is correct. CFP should drop all outbound traffic with this rule. Unless theres a preceding rule somewhere else. Odd problem indeed. Perhaps it’s wise to make the devs aware of this in form of a support case :slight_smile:

Thanks, you have confirmed what I thought.

I assume the developers would read this Forum but I have written to them.