Tixati : torrent

hi,

how to configure my firewall (version 7-cis) for allowing connections ?
http://www.tixati.com/optimize/

is it the same rules than bitorrent ?

Thx.

find out which port that program uses and create a new global rule to allow tcp or udp in or out for that port

yes you are right but does not work anymore : rules locked torrent suddenly after two downloads so i took vuze … and opened a new topic : same problem for 4 software torrent ; rules loked torrent (see portuguese, italian & others forums : BUG !)

You need to create a global rule allowing tcp and udp for that port and you need to create an application rule as well to let the program operate. I know its silly how comodo works, I reported this redundancy as bug, but they told me its intended that way.

So you need to create new global and application rules.

You need to create a global rule allowing tcp and udp for that port and you need to create an application rule

the rules for utorrent/emule are on the help page ; the problem is that rules are locked for unknown reasons !

but let’s forget that and tell us what rules you will apply and how to do it (a pdf or pictures will be nice) please explain step by step _ maybe you have solved a big problem !
a lot of users are waiting your answer.

It not silly, that how stateful inspection works. Without stateful inspection you have a stateless firewall, which is just a packet filter that has no memory of previous packets, making them susceptible to spoofing attacks. Such a firewall has no way of knowing if any given packet is part of an existing connection, is trying to establish a new connection, or is just a rogue packet.