tiny.url

Is there a way i can get my comodo browser to open tiny.url links? I play a game on facebook and a lot of things have tiny urls. when i click on them…it says MALICIOUS and wont do anything. I know the ones that are safe to open …i never had this problem on regular google chrome or any other browser just on comodo. can u help me?

It may be because you’re using Comodo DNS but we’d have to see the message - maybe you can post a screenshot - you see when the opening the tiny url. You could try disabling Comodo DNS in Dragon:

Options/Settings/Under the hood/Enable malware domain filtering (Comodo Secure DNS)

If checked, remove from the box and try your URL.

If you have CIS installed, you may have also changed your DNS settings to use Comodo’s servers. You can check this by opening the properties of the network adapter. See image.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’m having the same problem but I only downloaded Comodo to try and resolve a malware problem I had. Once I got it taken care of I uninstalled Comodo but this is still coming up. I even downloaded an uninstaller tool from this forum that when I ran it would open a command prompt that had me type in that I understood the risks before running.

My question is how do I finish purging this annoying software from my PC.

And so you’ll know what the blocked page looks like I’ll put in a screen shot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please look at the screenshot in the post above you, made by Radaghast.

1. Go to Control Panel.
  2. in “Category” view, go to "Network and Internet.
  3. Go to Network and Sharing Center.
  4. In the left menu, click “Change adapter settings”
  5. Locate the adapter you are using.
  6. Right click the adapter and choose “Properties”
  7. Scroll down in the list until you see Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then double click it OR simple click it then click “Properties”
  8. Change “Use the following DNS server addresses:” to “Obtain DNS server address automatically”

If done correctly this will remove the Comodo SecureDNS and replace it by the DNS provided to you by your router which is, if you haven’t changed it, the DNS assigned to you by your ISP.

If you don’t see any changes instantly then I’d recommend you reboot and check again.