ThreatCast Beta Launch

It could very well be any other day like monday, wednesday or FRIDAY.

Let’s analyze this statement by Melih (the Boss)…It could be monday…it could be wednesday…or, it could be

[font=Verdana][u][i]FRIDAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!![i][u][font=Verdana]

Let’s see, today is Thursday. I am going with tomorrow…Friday 03/21/08 at HIGH NOON GMT.

I guess Ganda is now crossed out of the equation. I didn’t realize that betas can be released on holidays, too :o

Anywhere from now and 50 years from now. Oh look me FREE copy of ThreatCast!

Anyway,Thanks a lot!

ThreatCast is a service whereby you will receive statistics on the alerts you receive. for example it will say: 96 people said yes to this alert and 2 said No etc. This will make CPF much easier to use.
There are many more services from this that will make life very easy.

Melih

Sorry, i should have paid more attention.

Personally, i just want a firewall. HIPS is ok i guess, to block executables, define a fixed policy and isolate with a special policy internet facing apps. That i understand to a point. Comodo should be finishing the GUI, fixing fugs, and building policies for Firefox, Opera, Messenger, and so on.

Auto detect Messenger - pop-up - want to use Comodo’s policy for messenger, yes or no (or “there’s a policy for this program” etc)? Policy chosen (policy based sandbox), or pop ups to create rules as we go.

If i want a BB, i’d choose TF. It’s freeware also, mature, powerful, silent…

My immediate reaction to TC is: now the firewall will be constantly looking for bandwidth and connecting to Comodo : safe or not? 55% users said yes. I’ll just turn it off.
BUT, i’ll wait to see it to form a final opinion.

It will be Tuesday or Wednesday Next Week!

Josh.

it should only look to Comodo if the app you are running is uknown and will cause an alert.

Melih

As always well done COMODO! However a little ‘negative’ feedback? Its not so negative but constructive reasoning. I think Zero Popup’s will put some users at unease, because they may think that the firewall isn’t doing anything. How about greatly reduced pop ups. :wink:

Sure np :slight_smile:

I think because of the amazing configurability of CPF you can do a lot to get lots of pop up :slight_smile: But now that we have built world’s most effective product in providing security, we are working on trying to make it as usable as possible. Bottom line is: There is no other product that offers this much protection with this usability! And that will improve further with TC launch…

So any guesses as to when today we will be launching this? :slight_smile:

Melih

It is currently 11:40 AM CST where i am at. I say by 2:37 CST there will be more news ;D (B)

Today is not a holiday in France either, but I’m hoping I will not need to stay up half the night.

So maybe within the next 5 hours. :THNK

what time is it now? :slight_smile:

https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/comodo_firewall_pro_3022327_beta_with_threatcast_released-t21079.0.html;msg144771#msg144771

Enjoy guys!!!

Melih

So the Manchester(England) link was just a red herring was it,either that or there working on a British Bank Holiday.
I hope your paying em double time!

Matty

They love working for Comodo, its not a job, its a lifestyle for us!

Melih

Gonna install it on the laptop later.

I was only two hours off btw ;D

Thread Closed.

For those who want to continue commenting on TC, just go to
https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/comodo_firewall_pro_3022327_beta_with_threatcast_released-t21079.0.html

For the lurkers out there, sorry, but you’ll have to register the forum to read anything in the Beta Corner :a0