This webpage is not available (proxy issue?)

I’m new here - but I also have a message after startup: “This webpage is not available.” Everywhere! The previous vn. was working fine just minutes ago, and now zero connection to the WWW! I’m using portable CD (of the version mentioned in the threadtitle) and it’s going “out” via the proxy script of my workplace, used also by IE8 (their std. browser). Which worked fine until a few minutes ago…

Any ideas? Definitely a very bad surprise after an update… :frowning:

Hello harvestar, welcome to the Comodo forums.

I split your post from the topic you posted it in. The subjects differed. With your own topic your problem will get the attention it deserves and the other topic will not go astray.

Thankyou! Any ideas, anybody? I really would like to continue using CD, rather than look for another new browser. Or have a way to get the old version back with all my settings… :frowning:

Hi and welcome harvestar,
Try disabling ‘malware domain filtering (Comodo Secure DNS)’, found under privacy in Dragon’s advanced settings.

If it still fails, try disabling the PrivDog extension.

Kind regards.

Thankyou very much - the first hint worked at once! Sad that that can’t be checked now, but it’s much BETTER using CD with that limitation, than not using CD at all! :smiley: :-TU

I’m happy I don’t have to go looking for another browser… 8)

You are welcome. :slight_smile:
Good to hear that it is up and running.