- The version of Comodo Firewall Pro Installed: 126.96.36.199
- Your Internet connection type (dial-up/cable/Direct connection/LAN etc): Cable
- Operating system and Service Pack Level: XP SP2
- How you are logging in to the OS (Admin, User): Admin
- Other Security applications installed (AV, AS, HIPS etc): Grisoft Free AVG
- Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP: None
- Security related application which have been removed/disabled after installing CFP: None
- Detail the problem, such as which applications are running when you have the problem: See below
- Please inform us if you have created any custom rules: Rules for Emule and Torrents
Yesterday we had an internet outage in my area. Today, things were the same so I called the ISP who assured me thing were OK on his side. I decided to give him the benefit of doubt and see what was going on in my home network. I discovered that I have to set the CPF to Allow all to get the IP address for the names I was using. Somehow, after the outage, Comodo is blocking the DNS resolve process.
Any ideas of what may be going wrong?
Thanks and regards,