This is the most malicious "internet security" I have ever used in my life

So to start things off I’ve been having a problem for a few weeks now where Comodo Internet Security would be getting errors while updating and say it updated yet still say I needed to update. I figured I would just keep waiting for the program to fix itself. Well I got a new processor and installed it yesterday and for some reason when I tried to play Elder Scrolls Online it would log me into character selection and when I tried to load into the game the loading icon in the bottom right would freeze.

I figured it was the processor so I upgraded all of the drivers, the bios, EVERYTHING I needed to get things working properly. Nothing fixed it. So I fiddled with the CIS options and none of those worked. THEN I ran the game in the Comodo sandbox AND IT WORKED, so I knew it had to have been something that Comodo was doing to keep me from logging in. I couldn’t run the game in sandbox because the lag was excruciatingly awful. So I uninstalled Comodo Internet Security and all of its byproducts including Comodo Dragon.

YES I did use the “unofficial” uninstaller on these forums, I even went into the registry and deleted Comodo files which at least half of them said I didn’t have permission and they couldn’t be deleted when I am the administrator. So I ran the uninstaller again in safe mode, this time uninstalling every single possible Comodo product. This time when my computer started my mouse wouldn’t work, it was lit up, but wouldn’t work in ANY of my USB sockets. My sound receiver also wasn’t picking up a signal from my computer.

Currently I am doing a system restore to hopefully restore the function of my mouse and sound receiver but I must say I am at a loss. I’ve searched google for practically an entire day trying to figure out what the problem is and none of the recommendations have worked. Had I known before I got this horrific software that it was impossible to remove I wouldn’t have touched it with a 90 foot pole.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this short of a fresh install of windows? It is absolutely ridiculous all of the options haven’t worked and I need to do a fresh install of my operating system to fix a problem a simple program caused to sabotage my entire computer… Isn’t “Internet Security” supposed to prevent that kind of thing?

Update: System restore fixed my mouse and receiver problems. Still need help completely removing Comodo and all of its settings from my computer.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this short of a fresh install of windows?
what is your O.S ?
what is your computer a laptop or a pc , with or without ssd , asus ? mac ? dell ? toshiba ? a gamer tower ?
Have you a cd install , a recovery option , a warrant support from your manufacturer ?
have you a cd drivers / a backup of the drivers ?

Still need help completely removing Comodo and all of its settings from my computer.
follow the guide that you will find on this site (you know where like you have used the “uninstaller unofficial”).

I need to do a fresh install of my operating system to fix a problem a simple program caused to sabotage my entire computer.… Isn’t “Internet Security” supposed to prevent that kind of thing?
Here, it is the step that i do not understand :
if you could prove that a sabotage from cis has broken your system ; i should be the first congratulating you ; you should have found a very rare default / bug and you should merit a big bonus.
internet security is a security suite for internet AND protection for your pc.
With Cis - and security suite (firewall or/and antivirus), it does not “prevent” this kind of thing : it is impossible.

maybe your online game was not approved , unsecure , full of virus etc. maybe a bad configuration or unstall/install of CIS.

I would respond but your post didn’t really add anything to help my problem except for tell me to look elsewhere.

Hi zethlis,
The words ‘Malicious’ and ‘Sabotage’, both have the meaning of deliberate and intended.
Now you know that a reputable security company is not going to deliberately harm your system, this is in my opinion trolling using words of this nature to describe an issue.
Please calm down and think about your actions before continuing to post, thank you.
How to appeal against Moderators decisions

In regards to your issue, the link below has a good removal guide for failed uninstalls.
Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems

Thanks.
Edit: Spelling correction.