this firewall newer workin at all...

I cannot block any host adress in my blocked zone - neither others. I try to bloc hi5 for 2 pc’s but with no succes. I added this adress at host name in My Blocked Network Zones and not working. I can connect to hi5 without any problems… >:(

Hello Razor,

Can you tell me what hostname you entered exactly in the blocked zone ?
And if you put the exact same on a command box and ping that does it resolve to an address ?

I find the cause. Sorry for my nervous report :-[ it work only if i put at hostnames only “name_part.com” of adress, like hi5.com only. without any http or www in front. I didn’t know till now… But some adress works even with www in front, but some didn’t.

No problem, I’ll move the post to the FW help zone.
This Blocked thing only works on resolvable DNS names like

c:\data>ping comodo.com
Pinging comodo.com [91.199.212.132] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 91.199.212.132: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=52

c:\data>ping [nobbc]www.comodo.com[/nobbc]
Pinging[nobbc]www.comodo.com[/nobbc] [91.199.212.176] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 91.199.212.176: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=53

But as you can see above the results may vary :wink:
So try to “ping” them first and see if it resolves, as long as it resolves it can be blocked.

So, to fully block a site adress with “My blocked network zones” i must use IP range, or what?

No you can block on a name (hostname) as long as it resolves to an ip address.

The firewall will then resolve your “hostname” to an address and block that without the need for you to keep track of the ip change for the specified domain.

In the example i used you would setup comodo.com to block and expect it to block also www.comodo.com then that won’t work, because those 2 resolve to different ip addresses, it’s not that it blocks on URL’s it just translates the entered name to an ip address and does that for you so you don’t have to look up the ip address.