the wisdom of upgrading from comodo firewall

i have been using comodo firewall with avast and a few antispyware apps. they say not to use more than one antivirus programme at the same time. i would like to retain avast, as it has stood me in good stead so far.

the question is; IS AVAST COMPATIBLE WITH COMODO ANTIVIRUS?

You can disable the Comodo AV if you want, then you can run Avast alongside the Comodo firewall. CAV and Avast are not compatible as both are AV’s. I’m running ClamAV/Immunet together with Comodo AV (in CIS) but that program is an exception.

Thankyou for your reply. So, should I understand you as implying that it would be best to upgrade, even if I only use the Firewall part of CIS?

If that is so, should I also infer that the Firewall part of CIS works better than the old Firewall I’ve been using till now?

I think you should read the forums and decide for yourself whether to update from V3 to V4 as it’s largely a matter of personal preference. That being said, the AV is getting better but you seem to be happy with Avast and there’s certainly nothing wrong with that. If you would like to keep Avast all you have to decide is whether to update, the firewall being “better” again is personal preference. I have updated and although there are a few bugs (as with all products) I don’t regret it. Either way, if you run Avast with CAV disabled you will be fine, if you choose to run the full suite that will be fine too. ;D