"The virus signature database is NOT up to date"...Thanks for letting us know!

When I don’t use my computer for a few days, every time I start windows, Comodo has the yellow icon in the task bar saying the antivirus is not up to date instead of just updating it.

:frowning:

The program is set to automatically update, yet I get this stupid screen when i open it up…

When I use my computer on a daily basis Comodo updates like it should and does not give me this message.

The comodo icon has stayed yellow now 20 minutes since I started windows.

And then to make matters worse, after I clock “FIX IT NOW” it performs the update but the windows STILL says antivirus is not up to date. I can repeatedly click fix it now and the same thing happens.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please submit a bug report in standard format for your issue here: Comodo Forum . From my point of view it’s a bug.

The virus db does not automatically update at boot time. I think it should but it always waits until the next scheduled check which can be hours later. It’s not a big deal if you use the computer daily but if you don’t and it gets more than 2 or 3 days out of date, it should update immediately in my opinion.

I’ve change my CIS automatically virus signature update database default was 6hrs to 3hrs, because I’ve seen Comodo up their virus signature database anywhere between 3 to 6 hours in one day so that why I’ve change my virus signature database up date settings to 3hrs instead of 6hrs at default.

I have mine at 4 hours.

Hi!

I’ll have the same problem! After putting PC to sleep, in next day CIS won’t update automaticly. Automatic database update interval is set to 2h, but however that doesn’t matter - no updates all day long. Maybe some authentification problems with proxy server or smthing, I don’t know. But this is annoying.

Do the Tasks or AV logs bring any insight in to why it is not updating.

Are there other people who are having the problem where CIS does not update the AV after the computer returns from sleeping mode?

There is no AV logs available - no entry made by unsuccessful events. Yes, I know more people with the same problem.

In my organization are firewall with autentification, but seems that CIS use system proxy configuration, because if I update manualy - all works fine. So this probably is not the reason for missing updates

at home I have the same thing - last update 1 month ago :o

Please make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

Does this make a difference or not? Are you behind a proxy at home?

No proxy! No other antivirus software, no other security (ever) been instaled on my computer otherwise than CIS. When you say “other security software” , did that include older CIS version? I had installed my PC about 2 years ago and i had updated CIS installing over newer versiont of CIS, because regular update one time caused the error.

I meant other security software you had installed in the past. If the installation of CIS went well then I would not worry about a previous version of CIS.

How did you install this version of CIS?

I’m not sure, but last time I update old fashion way with “automatic update” pushing button. Previous than last time, I think I could have been downloaded CIS.exe and install over an existing version of CIS. Yes, that’s it.

What is the AV database number CIS reports? At the moment of writing and after a manual update it has number 16492.

DB version is 16489, now i’ll update db and… i’m pushing the button and… winner is… 16495. It looks like we have a software update too :-TU

Nope… update has not changed anything >:(

The base relevant. 16496.

16495->16496
3:00 hours back.
CIS 5.10

May be affect the time difference of time zones?
Wait.

OK, that’s not the point about how old ir database. Question is - why does CIS won’t update automatically after n hours how it is defined in settings

You will not believe that, but updates has arrived :-TU seems like new CIS update has done miracles :wink:

Yes, same problem here, not even then “fix it” button for manual update works … the updater just ploughs away but noting happens until after I re-boot.